Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

in need of some repairs, looking for guidence...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in need of some repairs, looking for guidence...

alright so as some of you know my car recently got into a fight with a median, and the median took out my divers side rear rim/tire. now that i have a new rim/tire on, the car definately needs some brake work because the abs light is on constantly. imagine that you are going really fast in a ford taurus (or POS car like that) and you slam on the brakes, the abs will pulse the brakes for you so your brakes dont lock up. mine seem to do this at any speed, and while its pulsing, i can hear what sounds like an electric motor/solenoid going off in sync with the pulsing brakes. aside from the brakes, i think the car definately needs an alignment in a bad way as the wheel that i just replaced is now off...

where should i take the vehicle for repairs? im in arlington VA. i dont want to take it to the local dealer because stohlman likes to rip you off, and they hate evo owners. i was thinking about taking it to dtm, but ive called twice and havent had much luck getting ahold of nick. i dont really want to go to atlantic motorsports because twice they have let me down as far as scheduling.

heres an image showing how and where the median impacted the side of the wheel. (it hit pretty violently)

and heres what happened to the rim (some of you have already seen this in the evo general forum)

Last edited by Davethewave; Aug 28, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like you damaged your ABS sensor or the ABS rotor attached to the axle.

When one wheel is not moving at the same speed as the others it thinks your skidding. But since you are not skidding its safe to assume that the sensor or Rotor is damaged and not sending a signal to the ABS computer.

So how far did you go up on the median? the sensor for that side has the wire running along the rear trailing arm....so if by chance its was struck it might solve your problem just by replacing the sensor. The sensor replacement is pretty easy....but if the rotor that is attached to the axle was damaged..then its will cost a bit more $$.

If you can pull the tire off yourself you can look and see if the sensor or its wire is damaged.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

updated my first post with pictures. i called dtm today, nick is a hard man to get ahold of... i might have to start looking elsewhere for repairs...
Old Aug 29, 2008, 08:08 PM

drop a pm...."DTM"