Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

just got some rota's will they fit?!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got some rota's will they fit?!!!

Picked up a set of rota P45r in 18x9.5 +20mm offset from a buddy for dirt cheap no tires brand new. But my question is can I run +20 all the way around? Tire of choice will be a 255/35. And do I need spacers pulls or rolls? Don't want to pull my fenders so will a roll work for these rims? Any input would be apreciated. Thanks guys.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

First of all, why would you buy something if you aren't sure if it will fit your car? Secondly, ask wheeldude who sells these rims if they will fit or not without having to roll the fenders. You can find Dan or Zoeb, wheeldude.com, under the tire/wheels vendor forum.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

I was wondering the same thing. Research first, then buy. Saves you money in the long run. But thats good advice ^
Old Sep 5, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

If you got them DIRT cheap then buying them right away was the right thing to do just because you could pass them on at a higher price if they don't work for you. P45Rs are the ****.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 05:00 AM

The fronts should fit fine, might need a 3mm spacer to clear the front brakes. The rears need to be rolled due to the low 20 offset. I'm running 265s all around, gotta love em wide.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BocaShula
If you got them DIRT cheap then buying them right away was the right thing to do just because you could pass them on at a higher price if they don't work for you. P45Rs are the ****.
I concur with you if you plan on reselling them but if your intent is to put them on your car then why not do some research first before buying them? By the way, P45Rs are the **********.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

The 18x9.5 +20 P45R wheels are an aggressive fit on the Evo 8/9 but you can get these to fit with the proper modifications. The +20 offset will clear Brembo brakes in the front and not require spacers. Front fitment with a 255/35/18 should be no problem unless your car is very low or your suspension isn't firm. Rear fitment is what you have to worry about, you will need to roll your fenders and also dial in a bit of negative camber. With the rear fenders rolled you won't have any issues fitting this setup

-Dan
Old Sep 5, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Yea if you had the chance to get these for 400 bucks brand new any one would have bought them! Brand new might I say. Thanks every one for the input, and yes I did search but did not get a straight answer reason why I asked here. Any one know where I can get my fenders rolled? Located in nor cal. N how much?