Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

My DR Rim have the worse luck!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My DR Rim have the worse luck!!!

OK, i got the car for less than a month when i accidently scrapped a curb with my driver rear rim/tire. That little bump took a piece of tire and left me with about a 1.5 inch of deep scratch.

Today, i notice a noise coming from the tires. The kind that sounds like a rock got caught up in the groove and makes a little tick tick sound when your driving. So i stop and check the tires and there is a damn big *** screw there. So i took it to Sam's Town to get it fixed. Well they did it for free but end up scraping more paint off the same rim because of excessive force getting the rim on/off.

Well, i think my driver rear rim/tire is CURSE. Is there a way to lift the curse? I went to a rim repair shop, but they said it's gonna take $50 buck to repair the rim and they can't even color match it. All he can do is sand it smooth and repair the deep scrap. Is there anyone out there that will sell me a single EVO rim? This curse one is making my head spin. The car is perfect except for that beat up RIM. ARrghh....!!!

BTW, i only had the car for barely a Month.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:15 PM

try an exorcism
Old Sep 5, 2003, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my second pit pass service today and was confirmed in what I thought "minor bent rim". Even though I have 10K miles, my car is only 2 months old, so yes I hate the roads in Maine.

There is one person in private classifieds that was selling four rims, but only has one left as of August.

I went to www.aaarims.com , they sell used/repaired rims and provide a lifetime warranty on workmanship or defects, they have EVO rims for $278 plus $15 bucks shipping and will sell just one. If you buy 4 at one time, they give you $25 bucks off per rim. They have a 30 day return policy as well. They also have an exchange program, but I just got an answering machine, it was 5pm on a Friday night, so I didn't leave a message to ask about that service, but from their website, it only looks like they give you 45 bucks for your old rim.

Otherwise the cheapest "new" EVO OEM wheel I've been able to find is at: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&pagenumber=1 at $412.75 plus shipping.

My dealership wanted $600.00 for a new one.

I plan on sending my bent rim away to a real rim repair shop, so I have a spare laying around for when this happens again, I've been told it will cost $125 flat rate to repair.

Last edited by emulous; Sep 5, 2003 at 05:36 PM.