Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Continental ContiExtreme Contact or Goodyear Eagle GT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Continental ContiExtreme Contact or Goodyear Eagle GT

hey i was just wondering if anyone had a chance to try out the Goodyear Eagle GT tires? i want to compare them to what i have now...they have an extra 10000mile warranty over what continental offers...

i just got the Continental ContiExtreme Contacts and they seem ok but i sort of want to run with Goodyears...just because ive never used Continentals before...

the reason i didnt get the goodyears is because they needed to be special ordered and i couldnt really wait...so i forked out the extra dough for the next step up...

the guys at discount tire gave me mixed opinions on the tires...some said the eagle GTs would do better and the others would go the other way...

ive got a 30day time frame to switch them out and get the eagle GTs...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Conti would be a better snow tire, but lacks a bit in dry and can be noisy. I've also had some people complain of irregular wear over time with it. The GY is fairly new to the market though. On the track GY tested above the Conti, but the Conti was better riding vs the GY.

Overall they are both good tires in differ ways. If you want a bit better poor weather traction with a smoother ride look to the Conti. If dry traction and response is what you're after switch over to the GY.

The 50K mileage warranty only applies to the V rated GY, not the W rated that's made in the OE EVO size.

BTW, we have the GY in stock now in the oe 235 size.

Our tests on the two
Old Dec 30, 2008, 05:16 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to drive Eagle GTs. I liked their grip and predictability. On snow, they were slightly better than the stock Advans, which is to say that they performed very poorly. In heavy, monsoon-like rain, the tires allowed us to finish 4th overall out of ~80 cars, including a '70s ex-F1 machine, in a Solo II event in a very competitive region. FWIW, they were mounted to a ~70whp sh/tbox.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup my conti tires are greattttt in the snow and wet, i can drive the worst conditions with total confidence. those crapppp dunlops that came stock on the car are dangerously bad tires