Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Eibachs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 09:07 AM
Elu
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibachs

I tried using the search function prior to it going down and wasn't able to really find any reviews of people using eibach pro kit springs. I wanted to know how they compare to Swifts or Espelirs which I see is popular to use with Bilstein struts. Anyone?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

i already know someone is gonna jump in and say the spring rates are too soft and will kill your struts. then someone is gonna say they've used them for blah blah blah and they work fine. i'd say if you do any auto-x or road racing go with something stiffer, or if you drive aggressively on the street. if you just cruise around town i be they would be ok, though premature strut failure could be possible
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by prodigalsunn
i'd say if you do any auto-x or road racing go with something stiffer, or if you drive aggressively on the street. if you just cruise around town i be they would be ok, though premature strut failure could be possible
What I would say too.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My friend has these on his VIII GSR (stock shocks ~65k miles) and they are very comfortable. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a comfortable street suspension setup.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Used the Pro Kit on two of my cars now and they work great for street/aggressive street applications. Rides well, good drop, no quality issues, etc.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by S2kracka
My friend has these on his VIII GSR (stock shocks ~65k miles) and they are very comfortable. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a comfortable street suspension setup.
I have ridden in this car as well, I agree with S1Kracka's comments and I liked how it felt so much I just ordered the pro-kit for my car. I will be putting in soon and will update then!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 07:21 PM

I know how the swifts have a MR option when buying them. Does the pro kit have the same option or is it all the same. Reason I ask is because I can get a good deal on the pro kit but I dont see the MR option like for swifts.

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:57 AM

OOOh.. Good Question. Though the reason they don't sell them is because they are already on all the MR's from the Factory. MR suspension: Bilstein Struts/Shocks and Eibach Springs. It's all over the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

I run the Pro Kit on my GTI with Bilstein struts. Nice drop and rides solid.
I run the Swift Spec R's on my MR, great ride. subtle drop. improved cornering.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 06:10 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by genma
OOOh.. Good Question. Though the reason they don't sell them is because they are already on all the MR's from the Factory. MR suspension: Bilstein Struts/Shocks and Eibach Springs. It's all over the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution.
You may be thinking of the X, not the CT9A.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by genma
So your saying the Evo 8 MR comes with the eibach pro kit on it from the factory?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jp311
So your saying the Evo 8 MR comes with the eibach pro kit on it from the factory?
He is wrong.

The CT9A (US 8 or 9) has the same springs. Only difference is the struts.

Wiki

Last edited by Smike; Jan 7, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
He is wrong.

The CT9A (US 8 or 9) has the same springs. Only difference is the struts.

Wiki
Thats what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up. So the eibach kit would work on the 8 mr then?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:59 PM

Cannot expect too much from Eibach sprints.... I had both pro kit and sport kit, sport kit was a major disappointment. I would go with Espelirs.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

As stated above, from what I understand, Eibach's already come on your 8 and 9 from the factory. This is according to Wiki... I checked with the dealer, however they don't show a brand for the springs, but all the springs are the same on the MR and all IX models. So I'm not sure why there's a option for MR Swifts or normal IX Swifts. Just the struts are different from the factory.

If you like a stiff and very responsive ride, the KYB's found on the IX are great with a set of springs. If you like comfort and more give on bumps, the MR Bilsteins are the way to go. The Bilsteins def. have more body roll then the KYB's. I don't know how the Bilstein HD's compare. I havn't tried those yet.

Quick Reply: Eibachs