Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment Troubles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009 | 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Alignment Troubles

I'm getting an alignment right now and they are saying there is no way they can even get it close because I have MR struts and Sprint sprints. I told them the MR struts are an OEM part so the lowering (camber) should be the only problem, right? What are the adjustments on the camber bolt? -1 +1? What specs should I have them set it at with MR struts and Sprint Spec R springs?
Old Jan 3, 2009 | 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Check out Smikes Spec R thread his alignment specs are listed there.
Old Jan 3, 2009 | 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Search is under maintenace, I'm just going to go watch them and ask a bunch of questions.
Old Jan 3, 2009 | 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

From: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Camber bolt is either -1 or -2. I am running the -1 bolt selection which gives me a true camber of -1.7 in front and I have it set to -1.3 in the rear. No toe.
Old Jan 3, 2009 | 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

So I went back over there and the idiot says he can't do it because its lowered. So I just went to Avondale Mitsu and I'm getting it done there, they have no problem with doing it.
Old Jan 4, 2009 | 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spish
So I went back over there and the idiot says he can't do it because its lowered. So I just went to Avondale Mitsu and I'm getting it done there, they have no problem with doing it.
he can't do it because it's lowered, i guess none of gt300/500, f1, lemans, nascar, or any other racing team can adjust the alignment on their cars either
Old Jan 4, 2009 | 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, they are a bunch of inbred retards, one looks like he has down syndrome. It all good, Nick and Kevin at Avondale Mitsu save the day!
Old Jan 5, 2009 | 10:17 PM

I myself got my Evo aligned today and I set the specs at -1.5 Front Camber, -1 Rear Camber, and 0 Toe all around. Once it got set the guy told me only the Rear Camber was a hair off (-.1). I then told him about my tirewear problem at the two front inner tires going bald. He then said to me that those specs are for racing, not for tirewear compensation which I didn't know. Now I have to go back another time and have him adjust the settings to compensate for the tirewear with no charge since the previous settings were pretty much the same. Anyone know about these settings? Btw I got the numbers from the local Evo forums. Why would people make their alignment settings for racing even though it's a tirewear angle?? Advice and comments are more than welcomed
Old Jan 5, 2009 | 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rEvolution420
I myself got my Evo aligned today and I set the specs at -1.5 Front Camber, -1 Rear Camber, and 0 Toe all around. Once it got set the guy told me only the Rear Camber was a hair off (-.1). I then told him about my tirewear problem at the two front inner tires going bald. He then said to me that those specs are for racing, not for tirewear compensation which I didn't know. Now I have to go back another time and have him adjust the settings to compensate for the tirewear with no charge since the previous settings were pretty much the same. Anyone know about these settings? Btw I got the numbers from the local Evo forums. Why would people make their alignment settings for racing even though it's a tirewear angle?? Advice and comments are more than welcomed
Well negative camber allows the car to turn better with the side effect being increased inside tire wear especially if you are not cornering hard often to offset it.

LOL I recently went from -1.5 to minus 2.5 which is pretty aggressive for the street. The car turns in way better with less understeer but I will be wearing out the inside of the tire. To minimize this I will probably have tires dismounted and remounted so the inside becomes the outside which wil lalso require moving tires from right side to left side and vice versa to maintain proper rotating direction of tire. For some the added performance is worth it.

PS I want to get rid of this set of tires as I really do not like them
Old Jan 6, 2009 | 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

I got it done today at Mitsu, drives a thousand times better, like a new car!
Old Jan 6, 2009 | 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

From: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Great to hear!