Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Racing Brake ET 300 brake pads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing Brake ET 300 brake pads

Ok everyone trying the Giro Magic pads im trying something different. I am trying the racing brake ET 300. I am getting them on this week when i get them. I will have a full review on them soon. I am going on a road trip next week to Fla so i will have plenty of time for high speed stops. I have the racing brake rotors and they are sick been on the car for almost 3 years now.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Just got them will be putting on tomorrow look for a short review.
Attached Thumbnails Racing Brake ET 300 brake pads-brakes.jpg  
Old Jan 8, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

ok brakes are pretty good so far i did have some squeaking issues but i found out what the problem was. no i have 0 squeak. I will keep you guys updated
Old Jan 9, 2009, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
ok brakes are pretty good so far i did have some squeaking issues but i found out what the problem was. no i have 0 squeak. I will keep you guys updated
What was the problem? How's ET300 compared to stock pads?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Ok as of now still have a few things im trying out when i first put them i just put the one half shim in that comes with the stock pads. Had hard *** pedal was awesome but the squeak was unreal like hawk. So i got to thinking on the stock pads there was another shim glued on there like the Giro pads. Sure enough went back cut and peeled the shim off the stock pads i put them in with the half shim and presto no squeak at all. But my pedal was mush. Not happy with the pedal today i pulled out the half shim and got a lot of pedal back and still no squeak. A little soft but a lot more comfortable feeling for my aggresive style. like Giro it grabs and if you let off one second and pump again its a brick. This has a lot to do with shim. So next week im going try the Half shim again with some special glue that's synthetic my friend has that's suppose to be great if this works with just the half shim were set. You will get hard pedal and no squeak. A lot of our Squeak issues on all pads is the factory pad has an addtional Shim like Giro pad. And most of us don't pull that off so we get all that nose. Giro had figured out that was the major issue and installed it on there pad. I will keep you updated on the next set up. If this works will have hard *** pedal and no squeak stay tuned!!!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Pads r Awesome no noise as long as you use shims!!!!! so dont throw your factory pads before removing them.