Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Question about spacers and camber

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about spacers and camber

Hey all. Currently I am running some falken tires (switching to bridgestone soon) 245/45/17 on the stock evo 8 enkei rims for autocross and I am experiencing some rubbing issues on the front passenger wheel when I turn hard left. My front camber is set to -2 degrees as well. To counteract this i was going to install some spacers but I had questions on how large of a spacer I should order, as well as if I would need new studs put in and lug nuts.

So in a nutshell, what are my chances of continuing to run -2 camber if I put in 5mm spacers, how far do you guys think I could go with my camber? -2.5, -3, or would I need some bigger spacers at that point.

And lastly, would I need to replace studs with 5mm spacers? I have heard 10mm is where you defiantly need to replace them, but is it recommended with any spacers.

And the last question, what are the other measurements I'll need for the spacers, what is the inner bore, and hub diameter for our front wheels and rears? I assume the inner bore is the same all the way around, and I can run the same hub diameter spacers on all 4, let me know if I am way off =).

Also any recommendations as to where to buy spacers?

Thanks a bunch in advance! Sorry for the noobish questions but I wasn't able to find a alot of good info.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The alignment is set at the hub - adding a spacer should not change the settings.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1. Spacers will push your wheels outwards and worsen your rubbing issues.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm actually I just noticed I did leave out a bit of info. I'm rubbing on the front passenger tire when I turn left, but on the inside of the wheel well, not on the fender. So the inside side of the tire is what is rubbing not the outside. Not sure if that makes any difference.