Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Another "Will this wheel fit my car" post

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another "Will this wheel fit my car" post

17x7 Konig GTR. 5x114.5, 40mm offset. It looks like there's a lot of room behind the spokes, but the wheels are 1000 miles away from me and I want to be sure they fit before I buy - even though the price is very good (used).
Old Sep 24, 2003, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been some threads on 17x7 wheels that fit the EVO and it was found that an offset of about +30mm or less was what would likely be needed if the spokes were shaped and placed similarly to the stock wheel. The offset number needs to shrink as the wheels get narrower, not grow. The stock wheels are +38 offset and 8 inch. Again, the math seemed to say a +30 (or less) offset 7 inch wheel of similar shape might work.

That doesn't mean a 7 inch +40 offet absolutely won't fit though, but it would seem very unlikely unless the spokes are ultra shallow, and all the way at the front edge of the wheel.

There apparently is a 7 inch wheel out there that fits, and I believe the offset was a +20... unfortunately it was just hideously ugly and sorta expensive in view of it's appearance.

I wish someone could find a decent looking 17x7 wheel that would fit the EVO for about $100 or so each. Heck, the looks aren't even that important, they just need to be CHEAP. That would rock.

Last edited by SpikeLS1; Sep 24, 2003 at 08:14 PM.