Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

3mm wheel spacer/ RPF1s

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
TRUF! It was motorsport-tech.com I would never stack two spacers...I'm not sure the hubcentric ring has enough contact to actually center the wheel if you put another spacer on top of it. (a 3mm spacer with No/ hubcentric ring)

Sorry I haven't taken any pics...my car is getting the windshield replaced, dents popped out, jdm 7 tail lights darkened (pink -> red), and then buffed

I'll be sure to take an excessive amount of pictures of the fitment when I get it back.
Well hell by the time you get around to that it wont matter I think I am going with the 23mm spacer as it will be the perfect spacing AND with will have a 73mm centerbore for the Enkeis unlike the Project Kics spacers. I still want to see some pics! I will hold off on getting the spacers if you think you can get them up sorta soon. I am hoping to have these mounted not this weekend but next, they are being powdercoated right now (gloss black super sexy) and itll take me a week to get the NT05s from Cali so get some pics up!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Well I ordered Motorsport-tech spacers at 23mm width 67.1/73mm bore and 3mm rear spacers 67.1/73mm bore (I also ordered my NT05s in the 265/35-18 variety ). These spacers should give me the min 3mm clearance (closer to 4mm). I'd still like to see those pics R/TErnie! Im sure modifying my fenders will be a boatload of fun...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Protostar1
I do not see why 23mm would be too close. That would make the caliper clearance 3mm+ exceeding Brembos safety requirements. If you have a rim flexing more than 3mm at the hub, you are screwed in more way than one. If you are talking about something else VooDoo, please elaborate. I would like to get the right spacer this time around... BTW you are at +35 vs. +38 so shouldn't you have 3mm more cleance than I do with the +38 assuming the mating face is the place?
I guess I wasn't taking the slight difference of offset into consideration. I could have used a 20mm spacer just as easily, but it would be cutting it close (19mm it will clear). The setup now hardly clears, so if I am supposed to have an additional 3mm clearance (using the same spacer) you are going to be reallllll close. If anything, you and me should probably be trading spacers. I'm interested in your setup and I hope it works out for you. Why is it a problem to have more than 3mm between the wheel and hub? How would you recommend I change my wheel setup?
Old May 4, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xX v0oDo0 Xx
I guess I wasn't taking the slight difference of offset into consideration. I could have used a 20mm spacer just as easily, but it would be cutting it close (19mm it will clear). The setup now hardly clears, so if I am supposed to have an additional 3mm clearance (using the same spacer) you are going to be reallllll close. If anything, you and me should probably be trading spacers. I'm interested in your setup and I hope it works out for you. Why is it a problem to have more than 3mm between the wheel and hub? How would you recommend I change my wheel setup?
I am guessing that the difference in clearance is due to your different wheels specs, not least of which is a smaller diameter and therefore differing angle on the spokes with respect to the caliper. I took a wheel and a spacer and mounted it and the 20mm cleared as I said before, but for discussion, it was essentially touching the caliper. In line with Brembo's safety specs, I ordered a 23mm spacer to go from 0mm of clearance to 3mm of clearance. Things have changed for me and I wont have the setup on for another week and a half, but I will assuredly post up some detailed pics

I think there was a miscommunication on the 3mm being TOO much. You cant have too much clearance. 3mm is the minimum and any more is gravy. Your setup with a 25mm is a-okay if you are 3+mm from the caliper (though I would recommend hubcentric rings if you dont have them). I am trying to keep at the minimum of 3mm because as I make that space larger, I will have additional fender fit problems.

Last edited by Protostar1; May 4, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for pics, you left us hanging.
Old May 13, 2009, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

If you mean me, I will be mounting Friday or Saturday and I will be sure to get some pics of my fender nightmare
Old May 19, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Heres how things look at the moment:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t05s-pics.html
Old May 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much do those 23mm spacers cost? I have about 1mm clearance from my 17x9...thx

and how did you decide on rear 3mm sizing?
Old May 20, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spyderx
how much do those 23mm spacers cost? I have about 1mm clearance from my 17x9...thx

and how did you decide on rear 3mm sizing?
Check out Motorsport-tech.com, that's where I got them from. Pretty good experience with them. I believe they were 110-120 a pair and the rears were 90. BTW, their terminology is that a spacer with new studs is an 'adapter' and without is a true spacer, just fyi. I chose the 3mm in the rear because I was very close to the rear trailing arm when I test fit the wheels with no tires. I also wanted a hub centering ring, and I went with a very small 3mm spacer just in case. I would have been fine without it now that I have everything mounted, but I can somewhat tell it is there visually and had I done it again, I probably would have gone with a 5mm spacer to kick it out a tiny bit more. I have plenty of lug on the stock studs with the 3mm and realistically could probably go up to a 7mm and still have the recommended '6 turns' of a lug on each stud.