Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RPF1s and NT05s Pics!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2009, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Protostar1
If you are going with the same effective offset (+38 -23 = +15) I seriously doubt a 255 is going to help you on the rubbing or fender clearance. We are talking at MOST 5mm saved on the outside edge, now subtract the stretching caused by the same sized rim cutting into that 5mm savings and manufacturer sizing difference (NT05s do not come in 255/35(or40)-18) and you are not saving much. Unless there is a huge price break, go 265! And that means I would have a brother in arms to bounce ideas off of if you have an identical setup
Going with star specs as I think they're the cheapest of the extreme summer tires and it rains a bunch here in VA. Thinking of the chargespeed fronts also as I plan to get chargespeed front lip and sideskirts. Since you mentioned 5mm not being much of a problem in the rear, that's what I'll get for my rear. The front looks ridiculously problematic though.

Reason I ordered RPF1s is I saw a pic of them by gruppe-s on their Evo X and my jaw lolol. I think Xs can run wider rims with less fitment issues.
Old May 20, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Man I cant wait to get my RPF1's, doing 255's on a 17x9 though. That setup looks great though.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by supremellama
Going with star specs as I think they're the cheapest of the extreme summer tires and it rains a bunch here in VA. Thinking of the chargespeed fronts also as I plan to get chargespeed front lip and sideskirts. Since you mentioned 5mm not being much of a problem in the rear, that's what I'll get for my rear. The front looks ridiculously problematic though.

Reason I ordered RPF1s is I saw a pic of them by gruppe-s on their Evo X and my jaw lolol. I think Xs can run wider rims with less fitment issues.
I am surprised that Z1s are cheapest for you, based on the prices I saw for tires from the big name guys (discount, tirerack) the Nittos are a bit cheaper. The Z1s are supposed to be great tires though I can't imagine they would be tons better than the NT05 in the wet. With any luck, I will get evodave's fender kit on this weekend and post up. I think the fronts will be a bit of a hassle to fit, but with the fender kit and a little grinding, all should be well.

Yes, I do believe the X can house a significantly larger tire in the stock body.
Old May 21, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The 25mm spacer that I'm "borrowing" has a different thread pitch...and I don't feel like mixing fasteners! big no no according to myself and Carrol Smith. I have to order new ones...and I'd like to have all the tuck I can get. I think the 23mm ones are marginally more more and I won't have to buy another set of lugnuts for the different thread pitch!
Old May 21, 2009, 06:18 PM

What fender mod would be ideal? 10mm or 20mm if I were to blow my money away on those. First and foremost would be evodave's fender mod kit though as that's cheap and effective before I get into the serious business fenders.

You also mentioned 5mm spacer in the back can be done, this would only need fender rolling?

I'm not sure which fenders to put on my wish list. You said it sticks out about 3/8". I'd like to stay away from a widebody kit...I'm too much in love with alvinhuyn's CF bottom liners.

3/8" = 9.525mm
10mm = .3937"
20mm = .7874"

Oh and you're right about star specs not being the cheapest lol, but I like how it has pretty good wet traction.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

What fender mod would be ideal? 10mm or 20mm if I were to blow my money away on those. First and foremost would be evodave's fender mod kit though as that's cheap and effective before I get into the serious business fenders.

You also mentioned 5mm spacer in the back can be done, this would only need fender rolling?

I'm not sure which fenders to put on my wish list. You said it sticks out about 3/8". I'd like to stay away from a widebody kit...I'm too much in love with alvinhuyn's CF bottom liners.

3/8" = 9.525mm
10mm = .3937"
20mm = .7874"

Oh and you're right about star specs not being the cheapest lol, but I like how it has pretty good wet traction.
I really dont want to steer you towards either a 10mm or a 20mm fender right now as my camber is not correct (which really is what is going to determine what fender clearance you need). If I were to guess with my setup right now, and had I not ordered evodave's kit, I would say a 20mm fender would be a better idea. I will post up how evodave's kit works this weekend assuming I get it and can get it installed (always iffy... ).

I am sure you could run a 5mm spacer in the rear and be fine on the stock studs with an RPF1. However, I barely need to roll my rears (if at all) to clear my 3mm spacer, so any larger than that and you will require more rolling. Again, if I am guessing, I think a 5mm would be just fine out back.

Lastly, 3/8" is probably a sketchy measurement, technically it is more like 15/16" from edge of fender to the edge of the wheel... You are really going to need to play with it no matter what, I am just trying to give you a decent idea of where I sit with my setup
Old May 22, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Your car looks great with those wheels
Old May 22, 2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks a crapload proto! This thread should get me through without wasting my whole summer trying to figure out stuff on my own, lmao.
Old May 22, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks a crapload proto! This thread should get me through without wasting my whole summer trying to figure out stuff on my own, lmao.
No problem, people forget sometimes that helping people is what this forum is about . Let me know if you somehow get ahead of me on getting this to work! Post up pics later too.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:04 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
u didn't get the kit yet?
Old May 22, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Just checked, I have it. Thank you for the quick ship!
Old May 22, 2009, 05:43 PM

way to go!
Old May 23, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Well... I got one fender done, took forever though. I am normally slow with things, so this is not surprising. It works like it says though! I will do the other side tomorrow and post up pictures. I am using the maximum settings and do not think I could get away with less unless I went with big camber.
Old May 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

New photos added of the evodave fender kit on page 1
Old May 24, 2009, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i bet with 2 degrees negative camber in the front and 1.5 rear you will be able to put the fender mod on the lower setting and be fine

Quick Reply: RPF1s and NT05s Pics!