Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline vs. Energy suspension bushings - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009 | 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
IIRC, the location of the "ES" bushing in the picture is what is usually referred to as the rear trailing arm bushing. I replaced my stocker with a poly bushing a few years ago. That along with the WL rear bump steer correction kit started me on my way to eliminate the corner exit push of the stock setup ... the addition of a TRE rear diff completely eliminated it.

l8r)
I had the whiteline bump/steer correction kit in my Evo last year. I wish I could give more direct feedback on it, but I changed so much it was hard to say what changed what. Bottom line, the suspension I had with it at the time results in tons of push; especially mid-corner.

I'm now running a Muellerized JIC's and John personally recommended the Energy Suspension rear trailing arm bushing that it looks like you have as well. Again, not sure what's the exact changes from the bushings, but all my push is seemingly gone! I'm back to the stock RSB as well (stupid point system).

In a perfect world, I'd run a bump/steer kit, rear trailing arm bushings, roll-center adjust kit and a TRE max-lock rear diff upgrade as well. Maybe for 2010...
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Thanks for the pics.... What do you feel those bushings fixed? What would I gain by adding those?
They just make the body feel THAT much more connected to the wheels.

When you make sudden movements - it just glides over. Its not like the wheels turn and then the body follows. Its hard to explain. Visit pittsburgh -- Ill take you for a ride! Ha .. just had the alignment done today.

Perfection on wheels.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

I imagine the part is cheap and I do all my own work so that's not big deal. My only concern would be the possible noise. I simply hate ANY squeak or rattle. Even with stiff suspension I hunt down every little irritating thing.

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 04:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm going to maintain that the black ES kit properly lubed from the start will fit the bill for a long time. I've entertained adding fittings to lube them from time to time. However, the Wife's Acura never needed it with the black ES kit. I forget, but it was quite a few miles before we sold the car... 20-30k maybe? Could have been more, but that was a while back.

This thread has lit a fire under my *** to get the kit installed on my own Evo... at over 82k, I'm sure it could use it!

Last edited by Zeus; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm going to maintain that the black ES kit properly lubed from the start will fit the bill for a long time. I've entertained adding fittings to lube them from time to time. However, the Wife's Acura never needed it with the black ES kit. I forget, but it was quite a few miles before we sold the car... 20-30k maybe? Could have been more, but that was a while back.

This thread has lit a fire under my *** to get the kit installed on my own Evo... at over 82k, I'm sure it could use it!
Get your *** movin! I am installing them for a friend here soon.

Its simply sex on wheels.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 04:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by xRoguex
Get your *** movin! I am installing them for a friend here soon.

Its simply sex on wheels.

Yes, it is great on the Wife's and customers cars...

Last edited by Zeus; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, it is great on the Wife's and customers cars...
and im simply tired of working on other peoples ****.

i declare this whole week "me week"

scheduled are

boost leak and general maintenance as well as looking over the ecu trying figure out the dreaded throttle hang!
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

My car has 117k on it and the steering/suspension feels sloppy,so this is my next mod.
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buschur_TSI
My car has 117k on it and the steering/suspension feels sloppy,so this is my next mod.
quit beating it! wouldnt be all sloppy!
Old Jul 27, 2009 | 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

**** you know hard I drive it, about 85000 of those miles are highway miles and that becasue it had 36k on it when I bought it.
Old Aug 9, 2009 | 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Get your kit installed?

I have now 5000 miles on my kit(minus front sway bar -- til tonight). Not a single noise or squeak.

I just wanted to comment here since a lot of people followed this thread.

I took a bunch of pictures through my install - And I plan to do a write up on the install. Wont be amazing or anything but it will help people who are worried how hard the install will be.

I did the front sway bar bushings tonight. People had conflicting comments about how hard/easy they would be to change with out removing anything. They were CAKKEEE. Maybe 30 mins to install both them. Just a 12mm wrench and 14mm -- both ratchet wrenches. One to undo the links from the control arms, and the other to undo the brackets.
Old Aug 9, 2009 | 11:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Noooooooooooooo, the wife keeps forgetting I have my own schedule

Last edited by Zeus; Aug 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xRoguex
Get your kit installed?

I have now 5000 miles on my kit(minus front sway bar -- til tonight). Not a single noise or squeak.
How long do these polyurethane bushings last? How about the stockers? Should people be trying to replace the stockers at 100K?
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by funks
How long do these polyurethane bushings last? How about the stockers? Should people be trying to replace the stockers at 100K?
ES bushings would prob outlast your car.

Stockers are pretty well dead at 100K....
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 08:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

xRoguex,

You ever do that write up... I still have not installed mine... freakin life is beating me down. That and the Black Rifle Disease is eating up all my free time (and money, even though money has nothing to do with me installing these as I have everything).

Quick Reply: Whiteline vs. Energy suspension bushings - thoughts?