Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2003, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

Finally found my replacement tires. These look badass...and are not TOO bad in price

Probably will be ordering these april of next year if still availible...only got 5k on the Yokos and tread seems pretty decent

I am sure Neal is saying "Drive harder!!! Buy these sooner!"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+Nero+M%26S
Old Oct 12, 2003, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to run P eros on my first GSX. They were $220 each back then for a 16 inch size.

I loved the tires, but they seemed to wear out quick for how I drove them. Perhaps I'll give these a try when it comes time to get some new ones.

I was thinking more A-046 or the Toyo Proxis, anyway.

Josh
Old Oct 12, 2003, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The treadlife seems to be rated good...although I am not sure if that is a Tirerack number or customer driven number.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

Originally posted by Karash
Finally found my replacement tires. These look badass...and are not TOO bad in price

Probably will be ordering these april of next year if still availible...only got 5k on the Yokos and tread seems pretty decent

I am sure Neal is saying "Drive harder!!! Buy these sooner!"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+Nero+M%26S
You will like these tires a lot. They perform very well in the summer months and have enough bite to get your through a mild winter. A lot more pratical than the Advans if you need an everyday tire.

Always drive harder!! Its a lot more fun
Old Oct 13, 2003, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Neal,
What's the scoop the one of the reviewers having a sidewall blow? I was a hairsbreadth away from placing my order and that just blew it away for me.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Pretty hard to gauge that review to be honest. All tires are subject to failure depending on the severity of the incident. How fast was he driving, what were the conditions of the road, did a puncture cause the sidewall to fail, what inflation pressure was he driving them with? These are all factors that might have played in the tires failure. I would not let that one review sway your decision
Old Oct 18, 2003, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Neal,

How would you compare these to the Conti Extreme Contact. The conti's used to only be $75, but now they are almost as much as these. It seems like fo r the $$ this is a better tire.

Compare the two tires on:
Handling
Tread wear/Tread Life
Snow usage
How many chicks I will pick up by owning the tire

Best Regards,
Jimmy
Old Oct 18, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I still need to get tires for the winter, too (A/S). Since I've lived in Cali all my life, I've never needed A/S tires, so this is new to me. Which is best? I was told the Michelin Pilot A/S were good, but at $200, are they that much better than BFG KDWS or Contis or PZero Neros? Please advise me on this...

Chris
Old Oct 20, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

bump--neal???
Old Oct 20, 2003, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

i have these currently on my evo, and have had them on there since june, i'm saving my advans, chris has seen them on my ride
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by jimmyv65
Neal,

How would you compare these to the Conti Extreme Contact. The conti's used to only be $75, but now they are almost as much as these. It seems like fo r the $$ this is a better tire.

Compare the two tires on:
Handling
Tread wear/Tread Life
Snow usage
How many chicks I will pick up by owning the tire

Best Regards,
Jimmy
This is how I would break down the Pirelli, Conti, and Michelin A/S.

Continental Extreme Contact
If you live up north, mid-west, or eastern part of the country where you can see some pretty ugly winters, go with the Continental. That tire is going to be the best snow performer of the three available. You will sacrafice a bit of summer handling for snow traction, but you can't have it all.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
I choose the Michelin over the Pirelli because of the time its been on the market. The Michelin has already proven itself on the market as one of the best performance all season based tires out. Its made up of three different tread compounds to enhance every aspect of its performance. A hard outer shoulder for maximum dry handling/grip, a dry, wet, and cold all season compound center tread, and finally a strictly wet weather inner compound. Overall, for light to moderate snow climates this is the most versatile performer.

Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S
The Pirelli has a tread compound enhanced with a high silica base. This helps the tire perform well in a variety of climates, both cold and hot. I dont think its tread design gives a whole lot to snow or wet traction, however, what it loses with its design it gains back in its silica compounds. The tire is too new for us to know how it performs throughout its life. I would rate it very similar to the Michelin in its snow performance and wet weather handling. The dry handling might be a bit better with the Pirelli than the Michelin, but thats its only advantage over it. I would like to see more miles reported on this tire over the next 4-5 months so we can get a real idea of its performance.

So, I guess it really depends on the conditions that suit your needs best. I hope this information has helped. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask

Last edited by Neal@tirerack; Oct 20, 2003 at 06:15 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Ack, all-seasons on an Evo?! Blasphemy!!
Old Oct 30, 2003, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

im pretty sure this will be my next tire, probably around mid to late december.. any chance of setting up a group buy?
Old Oct 30, 2003, 08:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Many moderators on may boards have been approached with the group discount idea in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor a group buy. Even if I sell a large quantity to an individual over the phone no discounts apply. We always try to put our best price out there initially so there is no haggling. Many times we come out better, sometimes we don't. It all depends on the product. Sorry guys/gals, its just not my decision.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

If you are looking for an inexpensive A/S tire. The sumitomo HTR+ are working well for me in the snow. They lose cornering from the advans (And probably the high $$ A/S), but we got 8 inches over a slushy base last night, and I was getting around fine this morning. That combined with the fact that they were only $400.00 a set delivered to me made them very attractive.