Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Hankook ventus V12 evo K110

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hankook ventus V12 evo K110

I'm about due for a new set of tires, and I've been reading reviews on Tire Rack and searching the forums for all different brands and types. I think I will settle with this Hankook ventus v12.

I just want to get your opinion before I buy anything. I have the stock enkei rims, stock suspension. The car is my DD, with some spirited driving here and there around the city, sometimes on the highway. I might go to the drag strip once a year. I don't really take turns fast, and I like the occasional launch.

I'm looking for a tire that has good traction both dry and wet, quiet, and decent life, at least 15k-20k miles.

Any opinions or ideas? Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Racer
I'm about due for a new set of tires, and I've been reading reviews on Tire Rack and searching the forums for all different brands and types. I think I will settle with this Hankook ventus v12.

I just want to get your opinion before I buy anything. I have the stock enkei rims, stock suspension. The car is my DD, with some spirited driving here and there around the city, sometimes on the highway. I might go to the drag strip once a year. I don't really take turns fast, and I like the occasional launch.

I'm looking for a tire that has good traction both dry and wet, quiet, and decent life, at least 15k-20k miles.

Any opinions or ideas? Thanks!
I have used these tires on my lancer and also have a friend who used them on his evo. These tires have awesome wet and dry traction and handle very well. As far as the drag strip goes if its on occasion I would say they are fine, but if this is something you track all the time then these tires are not for you. As well depending on your driving style these tires should last you around 20,000 miles.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that tire rack is having a closeout sale right now on the Hankook Ventus R-S2. Not sure if they would have something in a stock size for the evo, but here is a link to the sale.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....el=Ventus+R-S2
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:21 PM

thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with the V12's then, just because the life seems alittle longer than those R-S2's. But I definitely don't plan to go to the track with this car anytime soon, and if I do go, it'll be to a 1/4-mile dragstrip because this guy at work in an SRT-4 caliber won't leave me alone. But I'd say I drive normal 75% of the time, more aggressive (ok, speeding) 25%, and then here and there i'll speed around an on-ramp. Really not a lot of unusual abuse(no autoX, launching from every light, donuts, etc).

So I'm not looking for any special tire, just one that will last a while and still perform decently for the street.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Check out this link. I've referenced this review a lot lately and surprised more people haven't seen it. The Hankook Ventus V12 Evo hung with the Z1 pretty well, considering. The Z1 is the choice for tracking (autox, especially), but it doesn't sound like that is high on your list. When I need new tires I might try these out, otherwise I'll likely go with the Z1s.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Been a very good tire since it came out, especially for the price point. Has sparked a lot of interest lately with its test results.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Racer
I'm about due for a new set of tires, and I've been reading reviews on Tire Rack and searching the forums for all different brands and types. I think I will settle with this Hankook ventus v12
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...76693?pc=11194
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:58 AM

These are a very good tire. I'm very happy with my purchase so far. They perform awesome in the rain and very good in the dry and they are so quiet! I say go for it! One thing I did notice was it seems like they run smaller then other tires. I have 265's right now and they look stretched on a 9.5" wheel. I could have probably fit a 275 on there no problem.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on these tires. I will report back on how I like them. A few others have reported they like them.

Sorry for the old thread bump but wanted to add to the community.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I came from star specs which I roasted on a roadcourse due to me driving way too aggresive and decided to try these out. Although they give up some response and grip they are not that bad on a roadcourse despite what I've read when reasearching these tires. For daily driving they are awesome. They are more comfortable than the star specs due to softer sidewalls and make no noise compared the the drone I use to get with the star specs.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:37 AM

These tires are great for the money. Just don't expect PS2 performance.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Brought back a 1y old thread...super!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Callahan
These tires are great for the money. Just don't expect PS2 performance.
Interesting that you say that, given that multiple times they've scored higher than PS2's in dry and wet braking and handling performance tests. I think one out of 6 tests where the PS2 was higher than the V12.

See the link in post #4
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests
Old Sep 29, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ haha very nice response.