Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gold TE37's!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by value
What track did he bend it at ??
Streets of Willow, he didn't hit anything or go off the track, they just finally bent under hard tracking.

I dunno if it was a manufacturing defect or what, but sure doesn't give me a good impression of Volk, especially for the price of them.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 08:11 PM
Account Disabled

ahhh suck! just what I wanted! white evo w/ bronze te37s!!!
Old Oct 17, 2003, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by hueman
DO THE TE37S COME IN FLAT BLACK AT ALL? ANYONE?
You can custom order Volks in a different color. My understanding is that whereas the gold or bronze color is anodized, if you order the wheels black they will be powder coated with that color. That adds weight and powder coating can chip off. For that reason I ordered my Volks (CE28N's) in the bronze (anodized) color. Silver & bronze, we'll see how that looks.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by SpikeLS1
That Theater looks just like the one I remember in Rancho Santa Margarita when I was visiting there a month ago.

That could have been my car in that pic!! well, except I still have the stock wheels those are very nice wheels! I need some of those!
Acutally....I think that's the Edwards in Aliso or perhaps Fashion Island..yes yes? or, or...hell could be anywhere

Very nice rims tho
Old Oct 18, 2003, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by drmosh

Streets of Willow, he didn't hit anything or go off the track, they just finally bent under hard tracking.

I dunno if it was a manufacturing defect or what, but sure doesn't give me a good impression of Volk, especially for the price of them.
they just bent from being on the track...?

yeah... what kinda tire pressures was he running...?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

rich's drivin...

Actually that is not the whole story... Rich fill in the blanks here but I think he managed to delaminate a fairly new bf goodrich tire also without hitting anything... He is fairly zealous about tire pressures etc running canyons 3 nights a week at "odd" hours

mmlvmm
Old Oct 19, 2003, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

2 cool man
Old Oct 19, 2003, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Re: rich's drivin...

Originally posted by MMLVMM

Actually that is not the whole story... Rich fill in the blanks here but I think he managed to delaminate a fairly new bf goodrich tire also without hitting anything... He is fairly zealous about tire pressures etc running canyons 3 nights a week at "odd" hours

mmlvmm
Yes, he delaminated his BFGs, I have it in the video. We were running about 25 psi, the track surface was roughly 130-140 degrees... so after a good run of 5-6 laps they were about 45 psi. Not only did his Volks bend but he was cleaning them afterwards with simple green and it rubbed some of the bronze off the wheels... I dunno what the big deal with Volks are... you certainly aren't getting what you pay for.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

why start at 25 psi? I know the tires heat up but why run below recommended level? i am at willow at 40 psi...

mmlvmm
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

so what can you clean volk bronze rims with???!?!?!?!?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Well, on the BFG's I was running closer to 36 cold, which in no way shape or form should have caused the delamination...pressures are tricky especially across the wide range of available tires. The delam wasn't the prob though, the left rear inner sidewall fractured, but didnt air out, and I think when that happened it caused the wheel to touch ground hence the bend. I still think it odd, that it bent so severely without the tire completely coming apart. **** happens though, and wheels bend at the track...it's a part of life. As far as the anodization quality...yeah it SUCKS!!! I love err loved my TE's, but there is no way in hell that a set of 2k+ wheels should spot using a totally organic cleaning fluid. I dunno maybe I'm just an unlucky retard, but I won't be buying volks anymore.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrBubbler
so what can you clean volk bronze rims with???!?!?!?!?
Spit and a really soft diaper! Well, actually you probably can't even use spit, even that would probably eat through the bronze
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

What really sucks is the lack of customer service you got from your vendor and volk...
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MMLVMM
why start at 25 psi? I know the tires heat up but why run below recommended level? i am at willow at 40 psi...

mmlvmm
Lower PSI on the track to start gives you a wider contact patch. If there's too much air or the PSI is too high you could either burst a tire or not get the best traction.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Got spots? This is the Best looking one...least amount of spotting
Attached Thumbnails Gold TE37's!-spots.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gold TE37's!