Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

loose steering?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loose steering?

i had some clunks and thuds(spring binding feeling?) under my car and i tightened almost every bolt there was and fixed the problem. but now my alignment is way off like 30degrees of.. and my steering wheels seems to react to every thing and swerve alot anyone with this issue~? did i touch something i shouldnt have?? or i it that the alignment is so off that it swerve to a direction?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I hate to point out the obvious ... but ... why not take the car into a good alignment shop and have it aligned?

l8r)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:37 PM

lol of course thats obvious lol i know the question sounded stupid but i was wondering about how the steering feel kinda lighter like a camry steering resistance. just asking if its other than alignment.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

What kind of tires are you running? I've noticed that steering resistance is less with all-season or winter tires vs. stock/high performance summer tires.

BTW, I just installed a new set of springs and struts, and my alignment is way off. So it is possible that if things were loose and you tightened them down, you may have moved the strut enough to significantly impact the alignment.

l8r)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

^ +1

If you changed your alignment settings, steering input and response might be different. Something that might help with the diagnosis is rotating the tires, front to back on the same side. Let us know about the outcome
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:41 PM

I had a similar issue, I had some bridgestone re01r and my steering felt real loose, even after break in, I just swapped em to toyo ra-1's and the steering feel went back to normal