Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best Winter Tire For Your EVO!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
General Altimax Artic FTW!!!

General Altimax Artic FTW!!!
I live in Portland Oregon & besides the typical 1-3 weeks of heavy city snow, I drive back n forth to My Hood at least once a week if not more. Anyone who cares about their car knows that you never put chains on a WRX or Evo. If your Tires are on point you shouldn't have any problems getting around even in heavy snowfall.
My Evo is mostly my Summer car, and my STi is my Winter whip. My Audi S4 used to get driven in the snow until I put bags on and stanced it.
The first time that I slapped the Altimax Artic on my STi RA was bc of the price. They were like $100/tire cheaper than the popular Blizzaks. But after that first season I was convinced that they were just as good as any other competitor. I was very confident that I'd be able to go anywhere. I didn't even have the studs installed and still could hit corners at normal speeds w/o breaking loose or sliding.
A few years ago I had the motor out of the STi so I had to drive my Evo 8 all winter so I bought a set of Altimax Artic for the stock Evo 8 Enkei. I think they were 215/55/17 or something close. Again w/o the studs. With the Evo in SNOW mode and the Artics on, I had zero problems.
I don't know how many seasons you can get out of them, but after 2 seasons on the STi they still have at least 1 more if not 2.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Good info but 14 year old necro thread