Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lugnut key is gone :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lugnut key is gone :(

Well, I lost my lugnut key and i dont know where to find one Would mitsubishi have these kinda locks? Or is it mitsubishi's lugnuts? And no i didnt buy the lugnut lockers. It came with the car. HA! HERE ARE SOME PICTURES!

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCF0620.jpg
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem when i bought my car but unfortunately i had no idea what to do and had mine drilled out but a tire shop should be able to put a socket on them and get them off fyi i paid $40 and you really shouldn't pay anymore than that
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds cool. Thanks alot bro. Ill give you guys a update if i get it done
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no no no you can just go to mitsu they have a lug key set and can match it up and order you a new one.. or just take em off for you..! and believe it of not its also 35 bucks for the key.. happened to me also!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Or you can just get a socket that fits and bang it on then you should be able to take it off. You will need 4, I had to do it for a friend.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get a 12pt 21mm socket and hammer it onto the lugnut. Able to remove all 4 by doing this.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

same thing happened to my friend, he turned down a side street(conveniently mine) and his rim snapped off, his car bottomed out and only the centerpiece was attached to the car. he didnt have the key and one lug was stripped. he was in the road when this completely unreasonable cop came and started calling a tow truck. we eventually snapped the lugnut off, threw the spare on and raced off as the tow truck was showing up. he lived 2 blocks away, no way was he gonna pay a hundred dollars to get it towed there. but yeah we did everything and anything to get it off but i wouldnt recommend it lol good luck
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DannyGSX
same thing happened to my friend, he turned down a side street(conveniently mine) and his rim snapped off, his car bottomed out and only the centerpiece was attached to the car. he didnt have the key and one lug was stripped. he was in the road when this completely unreasonable cop came and started calling a tow truck. we eventually snapped the lugnut off, threw the spare on and raced off as the tow truck was showing up. he lived 2 blocks away, no way was he gonna pay a hundred dollars to get it towed there. but yeah we did everything and anything to get it off but i wouldnt recommend it lol good luck

Dang what rims were those?????
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Or you can just get a socket that fits and bang it on then you should be able to take it off. You will need 4, I had to do it for a friend.
Originally Posted by Lazyfong
Get a 12pt 21mm socket and hammer it onto the lugnut. Able to remove all 4 by doing this.
lol y wouldnt you just go to mitsu and buy a new key so you can keep the locks.....
its amazing how cheap evo owners are.......

those are mitsu lug locks BTW.. just go to mitsu.. if you use the socket method you risk bangin up your rims..
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:15 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyGunMR
Probably Rota's lol

I'm having the same problem. I'm about to just bang a socket on and give it a try. I need my winter wheels on before this supposed snowfall this weekend.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
lol y wouldnt you just go to mitsu and buy a new key so you can keep the locks.....
its amazing how cheap evo owners are.......

those are mitsu lug locks BTW.. just go to mitsu.. if you use the socket method you risk bangin up your rims..
I didn't need the oem locks anymore and only a risk of damaging the rims if you cant aim properly.....
Old Jan 5, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well forsure im not using the banging method. Im gonna go to the mitsubishi cause i dont wanna mess anything up. LOL!! I rather pay 35 bucks for a new key then messing it up and paying a whole lot of money later on. lol.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

get the impact hammer out .....
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuevodriver
Well forsure im not using the banging method. Im gonna go to the mitsubishi cause i dont wanna mess anything up. LOL!! I rather pay 35 bucks for a new key then messing it up and paying a whole lot of money later on. lol.
exactly its only 35 bucks.....
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommyGunMR
stock rims on an 04 spec-v.

a few weeks later we found anotehr rim was starting to crack

Quick Reply: Lugnut key is gone :(