Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya the ferodos are a good brake but they jus dont last
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:49 AM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In my case DS2500 lasted rather well, at least longer than OEM Brembos or Magics. Approximately 8k miles on stock Brembo pads, then approximately 16k miles on Ferodo, then approximately 10k miles on OEM Brembo and now it's already 8k on Magics. I believe they will last not more than few k more, hence approximately 10k for Magics.

However, I must mention that faster wear of OEM and Magics may be caused by the fact they seen higher temperatures, than they were designed for.

PS all that time rotors were kept stock, this season we'll see how Girodisc 2-piece slotted rotors and ET700 will show themselves...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried a set of stoptech brake pads from ma performance and they have good initial bite and are noise free.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I am using the RacingBrake ET-800 pads. They work very well, not real noisey,not to much dust. If your looking for more information..send me a PM Pete
Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vd
In my case DS2500 lasted rather well, at least longer than OEM Brembos or Magics. Approximately 8k miles on stock Brembo pads, then approximately 16k miles on Ferodo, then approximately 10k miles on OEM Brembo and now it's already 8k on Magics. I believe they will last not more than few k more, hence approximately 10k for Magics.

However, I must mention that faster wear of OEM and Magics may be caused by the fact they seen higher temperatures, than they were designed for.

PS all that time rotors were kept stock, this season we'll see how Girodisc 2-piece slotted rotors and ET700 will show themselves...
Were you using the DS2500's for track or just daily driving?
I think most people say they do not last, if you do drive them and use them hard, compared to other brakes used similarly.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for info..
I live somewhere really cold which is -35C join the winter, I need really good brake pads that would work even in freezing temperature, Also i do 2 days HPDS every year and lots of auto slalom. About the dust i don't really care that much. I actually want the best performance brake pads in the market (Not too expensive), So what do you guys suggest? Butaway i own evo x
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benniboi08
Im rocking RacingBrake ET 700 and love them. Have had them on my car for over a year now and they have nice initial bite.* I heard they bite even harder when fully warmed up on the tracks.* I just wanted a set of brakes that I could track a couple times a year, and also daily drive with NO SQUEAKS! and RB did its job for me.ALSO, this brakes are very low dust. for example, I get the same amount of dust from stockers (2 days driving to work 30 miles Round Trip) compared to RB ET700 7 days round trip
This! Never driven with them in snow and rain but they do have a great initial bitein cold weather.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 02:38 AM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by samurai85
Were you using the DS2500's for track or just daily driving?
I think most people say they do not last, if you do drive them and use them hard, compared to other brakes used similarly.

maybe that the case, as my Ferodo's were used relatively mildly (haven't visited the track at that time)