Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

JIC FLT-TAR Coilover thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PKEVO8
look into the whiteline roll center adjustment kit (found here), a rear sway bar, a corner weight balance, a proper alignment, and get those coilovers muellerized!
Trust me, i'm going to get the roll center kit and a rear sway bar. Is there a reason to get a front sway bar? I don't see a lot of people replacing the stocker. What rear sway bar do you guys recommend?

Regarding Muellerized JIC's, i've thought about sending them to Muellerized, although i think the stock JIC FLT-TAR hard version are more than enough for now. The Evo feels really good currently. Although, i only have stock and tein S.Tech's to go off of. lol. I'm really glad i got rid of the S.Techs. God, those things were terrible. I'm not even going to bother trying to sell them used...lol.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iTune
I ended up raising the ride height again today. I have lower A-arms level with the ground(actually slightly pointed down). I only had to raise everything about a quarter inch. The right side needed to come up a little more, as it was slightly lower than the left. I did a rough camber adjustment using a string and a weight(mostly to get the sides even), as i'm going to get the car aligned next week, the car was pulling slightly to the right due to more negative camber on the left side than right. The pulling went away and the car does feel more balanced(mostly due to ride height methinks). I'm anxious to get it aligned.

I appreciate everyone's input. It's really helped me with my decision and set-up. I also softned the rear by 1 click(5 clicks from full hard in front, 6 in rear). I will play around with the damper settings more this weekend. I think i can go a little softer in both front and rear.
My car is about a quarter inch lower in the front right and has an extra -.2deg camber. With a corner balance it wont be the same all the way around! The Evo is not balanced like a race car from the factory
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have them as well and love them!!! Good choice
Old Mar 5, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, after a few attempts, i finally got the alignment done. Here are my specs. Front camber: -2.0L -2.0R Front Toe: 0.05L 0.00R Rear Camber: -1.7L -1.7R Rear Toe: 0.15L 0.15R.

We tried to get toe to 0.00 on the rears, but the eccentric cam bolt's didn't have enough adjustment left in them to get toe to 0 with -1.7 rear camber. Will this toe out of 0.15 in the rear be a problem? Also, the technician couldn't seem to be able to get the left fron toe to perfect 0.00...is the extra .05 going to make a difference?

Thanks fellas!