Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 209 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassicfun
so a ~8* swing in caster?
Haha, I edited my post. Not sure why I was putting - numbers.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LV///R
Haha, I edited my post. Not sure why I was putting - numbers.
I figured ~2*+ was close... not the 8*.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do these work with the stock MR bilstein suspension? I need to add some camber for Autox.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

I am very interested in getting a set of these plates within the next week or two.

Can someone answer if the center bearing is oversized like the Vorshlag plates? Any spring bind with these plates?

TIA
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joshesh
I am very interested in getting a set of these plates within the next week or two.

Can someone answer if the center bearing is oversized like the Vorshlag plates? Any spring bind with these plates?

TIA
Hi Josh,

The Ciro Design Racing Max Camber plates use standard size bearings, same as the Ohlins, Tein, JIC, Cusco, etc., plate bearings. Most struts use one of the two standard sleeved nut sizes, so these will fit the CDR plates too. It uses a generic bearing assembly, that can be interchanged, if ever needed, with most other brands of bearing housings.

We haven't noticed any difference in spring bind issues with these plates compared to other brands. If any coil over had an issue, we recommend using some lost cost Torrington bearings on top of the springs.

One problem we have seen with other plates, is "bowing" of the top plate with hard use, like rally jumping. So the CDR plates do use a slightly thicker material than most brands use, for strength, but it's still light wt. aluminium.

The main advantage of the Max Caster plates is that they allow full camber and caster setting, without using preset holes. CDR's products are proven winners, and optomized for racing, not for show.

The CDR top plates are available separately, if you already have camber plate bearing assemblies to use.

Thanks!

Rick
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Could you point me in the right place (link please) where you can get the correct size and parts for the Torrington bearings?

I am excited to use your plates now, just to get rid of this coil binding and I'll be set!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
Could you point me in the right place (link please) where you can get the correct size and parts for the Torrington bearings?

I am excited to use your plates now, just to get rid of this coil binding and I'll be set!
We have 2.5" dia bearings in stock.

Rick

Last edited by SS RX7 r2; May 2, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you so much Rick, my evo is no longer cursed with spring binding!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Rick,
Do you know off hand of the top plates will work with the Whiteline Max-C bearing assembly? I'm starting to get annoyed with the way caster and camber have an inverse relationship on my plates.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RJones
Hey Rick,
Do you know off hand of the top plates will work with the Whiteline Max-C bearing assembly? I'm starting to get annoyed with the way caster and camber have an inverse relationship on my plates.
Hi RJones,

Unfortunately Whiteline uses a plate with a weird offset attachment on one side. Ours are made to fit standard 3 slot bearing plates.

Rick
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks, I actually noticed that after I looked at your plates more closely. I'll probably be contacting you about buying a set in the near future.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

They are definitely worth it, great design, and functional.... Just finally dialing in the toe and camber all around and am already quite impressed with the setup...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

I got mine today!! Thanks Rick!! Can't wait to intall it. The plate looks almost 50% thicker than my old Cusco plate. Great engineering to maximize the caster.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by snowmants
Do these work with the stock MR bilstein suspension? I need to add some camber for Autox.
Any answer on this? Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

I see no reason they would not work, judging from having them on my coilovers, and having looked over the OEM suspension quite a bit, you would simple disassemble your oem suspension, use the stock upper spring perch, then possibly use a small spacer, and then the bearing plate, would have to ensure you have the proper top nut length, and thread pitch.

Perhaps Rick will chime in with a quick yes/no to confirm.

Quick Reply: CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates