Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will these work w/ Bilstein PSS9?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
Will these work w/ Bilstein PSS9?
Check out the CiroDesign site, and notice Rick Jung from Ciro Design runs the PSS9s with his plates. (cliffnotes = YES)
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the contact info on their site?? can't find it.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodziobak
Is the contact info on their site?? can't find it.
Yeah of course, in the info section.

http://www.cirodesign.com/index2.html
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:18 AM

Thanks. I contacted Richard yesterday. I got a really fast reply. Going to be ordering their camber plates today.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:49 AM

I just installed the plates on my evo but haven't driven the car yet. I must say the product looks really solid. The main plate is much thicker then in the Cusco ones that I used to have installed. The ability to adjust caster was why I switched to the cirodesign plates. I was also really happy with contact with cirodesign. Rick replied really fast to all my emails and answered all my questions. I can honestly recommend that product.
Attached Thumbnails CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates-zdj-cie-2.jpg  
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

i would like to use these on my stock kybs with GTWORX springs. Anyone know if that can be done?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
i would like to use these on my stock kybs with GTWORX springs. Anyone know if that can be done?
+1 thx!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 209 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm not going to post Rick's email on a forum. Not sure how often he frequents this forum.

Here's a link to the site and the contact info is there. Shoot him an email and he'll help you out!
http://www.cirodesignracing.com/Ciro...cing/HOME.html

Contact info:
http://www.cirodesignracing.com/Ciro...g/CONTACT.html
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:05 AM

will these work well w/ DMS 40mm coilovers?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
so this plate adds roughly ~2-3* in caster (from first page)?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 209 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
so this plate adds roughly ~2-3* in caster (from first page)?
About 2 degrees from my experience.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
These plates do NOT work with the Bilsteins PSS9's.

Local guy bought a set, the threaded shock shaft has a much larger OD then the spherical sleeve supports.

Also I noticed that the countersunk fastener is not the same fastener size as the rest. Furthermore the machined recess in the plate is RADIUSED! It needs to be angled to allow the countersunk fastener to seat properly.

I like the idea of these, but that "unique" fastener & how it's seat was machined needs to be addressed.

Please revise Rick and I'll buy a set for my Ohlins

-Eric
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R/TErnie

Local guy bought a set, the threaded shock shaft has a much larger OD then the spherical sleeve supports.

-Eric
These DO work with PSS9s, just as well as any other aftermarket plate does. The PSS9s use a larger 14mm x 1.5 strut shaft at the top, most popular coil-overs and plates use a 12mm x 1.25 pitch nut.

The countersunk flathead area has been revised to be stronger.

Racers can still change caster adjustment in minutes while in grid.

The reason the countersunk flathead is "unique" is so you can use your stock plate flanged nuts on the other plate bolts. If the flathead was larger to match the other 2 bolts, it would:

A. Be too tall of a countersunk head, necessitating a thicker top plate. This would result in a taller stack ht. and more wt. We use a already use a slightly thicker plate than most to prevent "tin- canning" from pot holes or rally jumps.

B. If we used the same size metric thread for the counter sunk bolt, it would tougher for users to replace in the field, since it would harder to source, if lost or stripped due to rushing while in the pits.

Geoff Clark in an Evo just blew away the rest of the SCCA STU class at the 2011 SCCA Solo national Championships last week. I think 5 of the trophy winners in STU were running Ciro Design Racing plates. He and other top racers have only great things to say about the plates, and he thanked me for the edge it gave him.

The benefits of these plates:
- Max adjustment of camber (up to neg 6deg camber).
- Max Caster adjustment. Increased caster has many benefits including, adding more neg camber when the wheel is turned. Caster also provides more steering feel on the Evo's light steering force, and more self centering action.
- Quick adjustment of caster/camber in the field.
- Plate strength.
- Low cost, and uses easily available hardware

Along with our other parts, they are not pretty high-finished show pieces. Although these plates do, and have worked well on the street - We make these plates to provide an advantage over other competitors when looking to cut lap times.

Rick

Last edited by SS RX7 r2; Sep 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie

Also I noticed that the countersunk fastener is not the same fastener size as the rest. Furthermore the machined recess in the plate is RADIUSED! It needs to be angled to allow the countersunk fastener to seat properly.

I like the idea of these, but that "unique" fastener & how it's seat was machined needs to be addressed.

-Eric
How do you know more about what's going on with my car than I do? Were you over at the shop the other day taking a look?

Edit (yes you do):
"As for the custom machining stuff - the camberplates are not going to work after all. The bearing assembly itself isn't big enough to work properly with the larger shaft of the bilstein. I went over to R/TErnie's to compare the sizing of his spherical assemblies and they are different sizes. We concurred that even with the correct nut the bearing is too small to move and not bind on the nut because of diameter interferences. He said the skunk2 bearing was also different from his and yours. I took all my measurements first and so I didn't end up machining the nut - that way everything is intact and you can send the plates back for exchange or refund or whatever. We need to find you the correct spherical bearing sized camber plates and you'll be good to go. I would imagine that Rick has access to larger spherical assemblies since they are something outsourced for sure... I know somebody has to sell plates for bilstein. The shaft is 14.78mm at the base..."

Last edited by nollij; Sep 9, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates