Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 199 Likes on 118 Posts
CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates

Just thought I'd share this with other fellow evo owners.

I just got done installing my new CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates. I previously had a set of K-mac plates that I destroyed by over torquing the nuts.

So I was in the market for new ones to replace these and I did quite a bit of research before purchasing another set. I wanted something that added caster and after talking with Rick, this is the route I took.

Upon initially receiving them, I have no complaints. The plates are natural aluminum, so nothing flashy, but IMO they look great. Easy to install and adjust caster and camber. (Tons of camber adjustment, up to -6 degrees with stock eccentric bolt at max neg camber).
For the price, I think they are very nice pieces to say the least.

Rick was great to work with. I'm no expert by any means, and he answered all of my questions very quickly and was extremely helpful. All in all, highly recommended!

My car is in the shop currently getting an alignment for max caster and I'm going with -3.0 degrees camber front/zero toe and about -1.5 degrees camber rear/0 toe for a street/autox setup. I'm not wanting to adjust the camber/caster/toe for every autox I attend, so this will be a pretty aggressive alignment for the street.

Pictures:

Last edited by LV///R; Sep 29, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

I forgot to include his site with contact info:

http://www.cirodesignracing.com/Ciro...cing/HOME.html

Contact info:
http://www.cirodesignracing.com/Ciro...g/CONTACT.html

Last edited by LV///R; Feb 25, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do they run? & Did you just email Ciro to pick these up?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MR.O
How much do they run? & Did you just email Ciro to pick these up?
They are $350 + shipping. You also have to buy (4) M10 x 40mm L bolts, 1.25 pitch (fine pitch) if you want to re-use the stock top nuts. Basically, I spent about $365 total.

Yeah, I just contacted Rick via email and he's very efficient at getting back to you, otherwise you can call. Info is on that link that I provided!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:45 PM

So I assume you rotate them as well as slide in the slotted housing to get the appropriate adj ? Are these MORE adj than your previous setup,heavier duty or ? Just replaced due to damage of previous units ?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by highpockets
So I assume you rotate them as well as slide in the slotted housing to get the appropriate adj ? Are these MORE adj than your previous setup,heavier duty or ? Just replaced due to damage of previous units ?
Not necessarily rotate them. Basically the three slots are used for extra caster. I put them for max caster they allow as you can sort of see in the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

In terms of camber, yes these would allow more camber than the Kmac's from what I gather. -6 degrees maxed out with the camber bolt on max neg camber. I think my Kw's eccentric bolt allows for even more neg camber than the stock one.

In terms of caster, I placed the K-mac plate along side of the mounted CiroDesign one, and the K-mac SLIGHTLY has room for more caster. You can modify the Kmacs to gain even more caster, as shown in my other thread however.

IMO, these CiroDesign plates feel and look well built. That thin top piece on the K-mac plates just doesn't seem like it'll hold up after a lot of adjusting, but I'm just making assumptions here, which I shouldn't. I really can't say for sure. Plus the K-mac plates aren't cheap by any means.

The main reason why I went with these is the adjustability and price compared to other high end units (Vorshlag/K-mac/etc).
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:02 PM

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I suspect these would be a great addition to a Auto-X or rally car,but perhaps overkill for street car.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I suspect these would be a great addition to a Auto-X or rally car,but perhaps overkill for street car.
You are welcome!

I'm not sure what your suspension set up is currently, so I can't comment for sure. But yeah, it might be overkill for street only; you'd definitely enjoy the benefits of the added caster more so at the track/autox.

Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:14 PM

Not sure myself as I just got it,theft recovery,and not drivable(motor out) However,having a world class road course less than 1 hr away,the thought of running a built AWD car on an "open track day" has me more than a little excited to dig into it when it hits the road later this summer.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Not sure myself as I just got it,theft recovery,and not drivable(motor out) However,having a world class road course less than 1 hr away,the thought of running a built AWD car on an "open track day" has me more than a little excited to dig into it when it hits the road later this summer.
Sounds good!

Goodluck with the project.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Rick's (CiroDesign) plates as well... awaiting them to reappear here Monday, and I'll share my thoughts on them as well. I actually think that the caster would be more useful on a street car, since it allows dynamic camber change as you put input into the wheel, allowing you to run less static camber for both tirewear and braking contact patch, however can help maximize camber for cornering. I may be biased, being a long time SCCA competitor, but Rick has proven his designs again and again. [/shameless plug]
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:02 PM
EvoM Guru

I just got back from my alignment and the max I could get for caster in the front was +5.7 degrees. I think stock is around +3.5 degrees if I remember right? Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited by LV///R; May 1, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by LV///R
I just got back from my alignment and the max I could get for caster in the front was -5.7 degrees. I think stock is around -3 degrees if I remember right? Can anyone confirm that?
On my stock suspension, caster was LF: +3.59, RF: +3.87
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by boost247
On my stock suspension, caster was LF: +3.59, RF: +3.87
Thank you sir!
Old May 1, 2010, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so a ~8* swing in caster?

Quick Reply: CiroDesign Camber/Caster plates