Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Advan RGII Cracked

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 08:49 AM
beb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advan RGII are cast, not forged. Advan does offer a few of their wheels forged, but these arent it. That being said - Advans are still very high quality wheels and cracks are not something seen very often. Like another poster said, whether cast or forged - wheels can sometimes crack. However; From my experience, it is usually driver error more often than a warranty issue. I mean, these wheels are used on Timeattack cars, Drift cars and tens of thousands of car the world over....

If you would like to file a warranty claim - contact Mackin Industries. Send an email to productinfo@mackinindustries.com. The wheel will be sent to Advan headquarters for testing to find out what exactly happened. Send multiple, high-res pics.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:47 PM

Forged wheels are stronger than cast but can still bend or crack. Hope you get your wheels repaired ASAP!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it was a Rota that cracked there would a whole bunch of "You get what you pay for" comments.

If the CCW's I'm ordering next crack I'll be pissed.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Moral of the story: Don't pay forged wheel prices for cast wheels.

P.S. There are a lot of replica Advans coming out of China too, Advan stamp and all. Not saying yours are fake, just saying they are out there.

Last edited by nemsin; Jun 8, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by beb
Advan RGII are cast, not forged. Advan does offer a few of their wheels forged, but these arent it. That being said - Advans are still very high quality wheels and cracks are not something seen very often. Like another poster said, whether cast or forged - wheels can sometimes crack. However; From my experience, it is usually driver error more often than a warranty issue. I mean, these wheels are used on Timeattack cars, Drift cars and tens of thousands of car the world over....

If you would like to file a warranty claim - contact Mackin Industries. Send an email to productinfo@mackinindustries.com. The wheel will be sent to Advan headquarters for testing to find out what exactly happened. Send multiple, high-res pics.
Hey Christina... We've got him handled. Steve took care of it.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Green Meanie
if it was a Rota that cracked there would a whole bunch of "You get what you pay for" comments.

If the CCW's I'm ordering next crack I'll be pissed.
This is so true, people (myself included) are so quick to say negative things about replica cheaper wheels.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wisky
This is so true, people (myself included) are so quick to say negative things about replica cheaper wheels.
say what you want but there is nothing wrong with Rotas. ive owned both volks and advans and mutliple sets of Rotas. ill soon be addind wedsports or ccws to that list.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

MAT technology! Thank you. For those who do not know about these rims and are quick to compare them to Rotas or American Racing or whatever type of cheap cast rim you choose, please take a minute to read up on how Advans are actually made and you will know why they are so expensive and strong. I will dig and see if I can find the article I read a few years ago about the process and the comparison to forging. Long story short, they are as strong as forged but use this process to form the wheels into shapes that forging cannot achieve as a way to save weight, get the looks, etc. Stay tuned till I find this...

Guys like this just dont know...

Originally Posted by nemsin
Moral of the story: Don't pay forged wheel prices for cast wheels.
Couldnt find the orignal but that was a few years ago. Here is something at least. Enkei makes Advan wheels for Yokohama btw...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...echnology.html

Last edited by TURBevO8; Jun 12, 2010 at 06:48 AM.