Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need some brake parts advice/feedback...rotors, pads, ss lines, fluids!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ATE comes in Liter bottles anyway. (not quarts).. and that was being very generous at each corner, since it was the first bleed since owning the evo, didn't trust if/how it had been done prior.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassicfun
ATE comes in Liter bottles anyway. (not quarts).. and that was being very generous at each corner, since it was the first bleed since owning the evo, didn't trust if/how it had been done prior.
haha alright...

You get your blues yet?!?! I want to read some reviews!!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

have them, but this week and weekend are booked w/o time to toss them on... sorry for the delay!!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06MREvo,
It sounds like you are a perfect candidate for CL Brakes. Some of the fastest Evo's in the country are now running their various compounds with great success (2 of the three top fastest Evo's at Redline Time Attack were running them last weekend).

For your situation, I'd probably start out with the RC5+ compound front and rear. This is a good choice for Evo's on street tires, particularly those without a lot of track experience (if you run R compounds and are tough on brakes, one of the other compounds would be a better choice). With the RC5+, you'll get great cold bite for daily driving and autoX, and they'll take a pretty solid beating on the track. I think they'll be an outstanding match for your situation.

If we find out that you're too tough on them, we can always move you up to one of the other three CL compounds.

Front RC5+ for an '06 Evo MR

Rear RC5+ for an '06 Evo MR

You can read some fellow forum members' reviews here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/476801-cl-brakes-rc6-review-best-track-pads-ever-10.html

Here are some additional reviews from our site: http://www.essexparts.com/brake-pads...s/cl-customers

As for fluid, don't overlook AP Racing Super 600. It's what we sell to most pro race teams, including the NASCAR Sprint Cup guys.. Independent testing has shown superior performance to Motul RBF600 at a similar price, and it's DOT compliant.

Feel free to email me at jeff.ritter@essexparts.com or call 704-824-6030. We're a forum vendor and I'd be happy to help you out. Thanks.
Jeff

Last edited by JRitt@essex; Jun 18, 2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: added product links
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:22 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should be getting my hands on some RC5 & RC6 in the near future. I believe my sponsor just became an official dealer of CL pads throguh Essex!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

have them, but this week and weekend are booked w/o time to toss them on... sorry for the delay!!
Come on slacker...what's taking u so long...haha...
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
06MREvo,
It sounds like you are a perfect candidate for CL Brakes. Some of the fastest Evo's in the country are now running their various compounds with great success (2 of the three top fastest Evo's at Redline Time Attack were running them last weekend).

For your situation, I'd probably start out with the RC5+ compound front and rear. This is a good choice for Evo's on street tires, particularly those without a lot of track experience (if you run R compounds and are tough on brakes, one of the other compounds would be a better choice). With the RC5+, you'll get great cold bite for daily driving and autoX, and they'll take a pretty solid beating on the track. I think they'll be an outstanding match for your situation.

If we find out that you're too tough on them, we can always move you up to one of the other three CL compounds.

Front RC5+ for an '06 Evo MR

Rear RC5+ for an '06 Evo MR

You can read some fellow forum members' reviews here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/476801-cl-brakes-rc6-review-best-track-pads-ever-10.html

Here are some additional reviews from our site: http://www.essexparts.com/brake-pads...s/cl-customers

As for fluid, don't overlook AP Racing Super 600. It's what we sell to most pro race teams, including the NASCAR Sprint Cup guys.. Independent testing has shown superior performance to Motul RBF600 at a similar price, and it's DOT compliant.

Feel free to email me at jeff.ritter@essexparts.com or call 704-824-6030. We're a forum vendor and I'd be happy to help you out. Thanks.
Jeff
Awesome, I really appreciate you posting some info, ill definitely have to look more into these. And yes I do use r comps for auto x & will on the road course. I have an auto x event July 10th I'm trying to go to also. Of course you guys are located in Charlotte, I just moved up to NJ after living in Raleigh for the past year & a half Haha...damn.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Awesome, I really appreciate you posting some info, ill definitely have to look more into these. And yes I do use r comps for auto x & will on the road course. I have an auto x event July 10th I'm trying to go to also. Of course you guys are located in Charlotte, I just moved up to NJ after living in Raleigh for the past year & a half Haha...damn.
Your best bet may just be to go with the RC6E endurance compound on the front. They are a bit more expensive than the others, but they have the best blend of overall performance and streetability. They'll be good for everything you're doing, including the use of the R-compounds. They're pricey, but they work great and last a long time. If you read up on them in those other links, you'll see that they are quite docile on the street (low noise and reasonable dust, with good cold bite).

In the rears, you'll be fine with RC5+ and they're cheaper. The Evo is much, much harder on front brakes than rear.

That's funny about the move from NC to NJ. That's the way it always works!
I used to live up in Bernardsville NJ...really nice area.

Last edited by JRitt@essex; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added info about rear pads
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

So I think I have made my decision with a little help from Brian aka Bassicfun...

Rotors
Girodisc 2 piece Slotted

Pads
EBC Blue Stuff

Fluid
ATE Super Blue Racing

SS Lines
Techna-Fit
Old Jun 22, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to help as able... will stay in touch as I can. I'd suggest getting the Super amber/gold fluid too.. if it is on hand, rather than having to order it, you'll be more likely to do a flush before/after a track day.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to help as able... will stay in touch as I can. I'd suggest getting the Super amber/gold fluid too.. if it is on hand, rather than having to order it, you'll be more likely to do a flush before/after a track day.
That's kinda funny u mentioned that...I am actually getting the super amber fluid because they were out of the blue...oh well...
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Your best bet may just be to go with the RC6E endurance compound on the front. They are a bit more expensive than the others, but they have the best blend of overall performance and streetability. They'll be good for everything you're doing, including the use of the R-compounds. They're pricey, but they work great and last a long time. If you read up on them in those other links, you'll see that they are quite docile on the street (low noise and reasonable dust, with good cold bite).
I can vouch for the RC6E compound. They're incredible. Both on the street and track.

The only negative that I have is that they have so much bite, that they can seem "grabby" and somewhat difficult to modulate. But, you get used to it.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by weneversleep
I can vouch for the RC6E compound. They're incredible. Both on the street and track.

The only negative that I have is that they have so much bite, that they can seem "grabby" and somewhat difficult to modulate. But, you get used to it.

Then how are they incredible? Modulation is important to both street and especially race braking.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Then how are they incredible? Modulation is important to both street and especially race braking.
Believe me, I know easy-to-modulate pads are important.

The RC6E can be modulated well, it just takes a little bit of getting used to. I just had to "recalibrate" my foot, because I just wasn't used to the bite, even though I had run other race compounds before on the Evo and other cars.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

I went with the EBC blue stuff pads...just waiting for them to get here...hopefully Monday...everything else has been waiting in the garage for 2 weeks...

Quick Reply: Need some brake parts advice/feedback...rotors, pads, ss lines, fluids!!