Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Why you upgrade your brakes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rawkus
Couple thing, I have run the ET700s and ET800s and I will tell you that the Raybesto ST43 pad kicks the ET800s square in the jimmy parts. They brake much better, last much longer and seemed to be easier on the rotors as well. Also, I am unsure if you are having any issues with brake fluid, but Girodisc titanium shims helped our car out tremendously with this issue.
Dan
x1000000000

I've used RB ET800s and ET900s, and none come close to the Raybestos ST-43's I run. I'm on my 4th track day w/ my Raybestos and they still have more than 2/3 life left. Insane stopping power.. excellent value.

I think Girodisc sells them as well as other vendors.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm sure it goes without mentioning but, a good cool down lap or two never hurts either.

Are any of you guys running cooling fans for the brakes or putting some of the blue blowers on them when you park? That might help too.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little tangent.. I am a track newb also. I was reading a post on setting up your 8 for track. The oil cooler can be insufficient for many peoples track needs. I think the tranny oil temps also can get a little hot. One of the shops installed an oil temp gauge and were talking about doing one for the tranny fluid that would plug right into the plug hole. Dunno what post it was but i think the title was self explanatory. was only a week ago.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I upgraded my pads to HAWK, and after we tuned the car, the brakes will scream now. It is so loud. I think I might have burnt the rotors. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to fix it. Cause the pads are not old, or the shims either.