Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: which tires would you get if you were in my position?
Buy summer tires and hope for no snow...you will only be in the cold for a few more weeks, then it\'ll be warm and sunny everyday
27.78%
Buy all seasons to be safe, then replace with summers once worn out.
27.78%
Buy snow tires. Sell em before I leave...
11.11%
I don\'t give a crap what you do...I\'m just jealous that you are getting away from snow and cold...and I am still stuck here in the dismal freezing abyss called the North East.
33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

If you were me, would you buy winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC - I got some promising news today about my return to Cali... now it's just down to the money. So................. I am in the same boat you are in. My Advans have plenty of life in them, but I probably won't be able to move until late March (because of my lease). I hate having to buy winter tires just to end up getting rid of them. Maybe I'll just sell the stock wheels with the winter tires mounted and buy my 18" Work Emotions... Decisions, decisions. Have you decided what to do yet?

If you wait and get summer tires, Michelin has a new Pilot Sport 2 coming out (already out if you have a Carrera GT ). It has a dual-compound tread - the outer blocks heat up and become super-soft while the inner ring and blocks are specifically designed to channel water. Can you say, "Wet track?" I knew you could. Porsche's engineers and Walter Rohrl claim that the new PS2s will be just a shade less than full R-compounds in ability.

Chris