Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ssr professor ms1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:31 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostedXevo
those are hot... It'll be more hotter if they were aggressive fitment. I'm liking them MS1...

What about the VF1 series from them? They look pretty good in aggressive fitment.

http://ssr-wheels.com/wheels/vf1_1819.asp
like i said, the pictures don't do them justice. i think it's mostly due the fact that the lip isn't flat, but stepped. the front lip is 1 3/4" and the back is 2 1/2". so they are pretty decent. best part is i did NOT want spacers. these fit perfect.

as for the VF1.. nice wheel, but a bit "blingy" for me. i bet they would look NICE with a gold or gray center section.

i'm thinking of selling my wheels and saving up for some RS-Ds.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice
Old Jul 21, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im a fan of ssr's, I like most of their models but the ones kaj has are the exact ones i want ;D. -Kaj, sudden change in wheel interest? looking into advans now?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by scothu
im a fan of ssr's, I like most of their models but the ones kaj has are the exact ones i want ;D. -Kaj, sudden change in wheel interest? looking into advans now?
well, i've always wanted NT-03s. but to get the "concave" look i want, i have to get a super aggressive offset. THEN i have to use spacers. i'm not a big fan of them. then, i have to roll my fenders and possibly have to pull them out or use one of those fender popper kit things. that's for the 18s. the 17s look like crap, IMO. very flat and just not the look i want.
i'm not sure i wanna go through all that.
the RS-D, in flat black, is one of my favorite wheels ever. there is a set for sale on here.
then there are the time attack CE28n. there's a white set on the board for sale. i can't find the black version.

so. i dunno. what ever i find, i suppose. Advan makes a very nice, aggressive looking wheel, as does Volk.. but everyone treats Volk wheels like gold so used is about the price of new. LOL

we'll see.

i really like my SSRs, but i'm looking for something one-piece to use on the track. for that reason i SHOULD get 17s... but i drive the car around town a bit more than race it, so i want to stick with 18s.

i keep going back and forth. LOL i'll just see what comes available.

good luck with your hunt. most of the wheels that you will find (like mine) have the flat black center. gloss is extra. it's nice 'cause it's super easy to keep clean. i highly recommend it.
the center caps also cost extra. i recommend them as well.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:56 PM

Question

Originally Posted by kaj
my bad: the thread is about the SSRs. i have them on my car and really like them, though i plan to go with another wheel as soon as i find what i want. here are a few quick pictures i took. for some reason.. the pictures don't do the offset justice. they look like they have very little lip. i dunno why. the angle of the camera, i guess.
the centers of my wheels differ front/back to appear to be staggered, though they aren't. tires are a stretched 245 (came with the wheels. not my choice, though i kinda like it). i have the optional gloss black center and optional aluminum center caps.

I'm looking into buying a set of the same wheels i am new to the forum what size are they or what size should i get for my evo 9. I'm going to get these wheels just need measurements . what measurements are these wheels ?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

are you getting 18x9? if so, get around a +30 offset. +25-35 is ideal depending on aggressiveness
Old Apr 28, 2011, 02:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALways thought about the MS1's. For the fitment I wanted to run (18X9.5 +18 or +20) no one could tell me if it would fit so I passed.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Apr 29, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

^ you have some pricey stuff in your sig, except for the prosports haha. Not hattin, just thought that was odd
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:37 AM

I'm digging the white with the black wheel set up. Op, have you ever looked into doing some Evo X GSR wheels on your Evo IX?

here's the thread that is from

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...wheels-ix.html

I have a set for sale if interested

Last edited by Waltzy; Apr 29, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scothu
^ you have some pricey stuff in your sig, except for the prosports haha. Not hattin, just thought that was odd
Yeah the story behind that is I love black face gauges (Nothing can be seen when the car is off). I was running Defi's with no issue but the boost gauge only goes to 30 PSI. I needed a boost gauge that went past that and Defi had no solutions. Enter Prosports. Look pretty close and although Quality appears hit or miss i had some good conversations with them regarding their quality control and decided to give them a shot. I have their evo series that goes up to 35 PSI (Well its on back order but I'm top of the list) I'll miss the Defi's but had i known Prosport's existed I probably would have tried them first.

Defi starts making boost gauges for their BF series that go over 30 PSI and I'll gladly spend the money and go back. Loved those gauges. Just weren't functional for me (and I like my gauges to match.....yes I know it doesn't have to).
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Waltzy
I'm digging the white with the black wheel set up. Op, have you ever looked into doing some Evo X GSR wheels on your Evo IX?

I have a set for sale if interested
Sorry, but this thread started a long time ago, I now have rotas on my evo 8, but I'm trying to get some weds sports when I can get a good deal =/. These are the rotas:

Last edited by scothu; Apr 30, 2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Yeah the story behind that is I love black face gauges (Nothing can be seen when the car is off). I was running Defi's with no issue but the boost gauge only goes to 30 PSI. I needed a boost gauge that went past that and Defi had no solutions. Enter Prosports. Look pretty close and although Quality appears hit or miss i had some good conversations with them regarding their quality control and decided to give them a shot. I have their evo series that goes up to 35 PSI (Well its on back order but I'm top of the list) I'll miss the Defi's but had i known Prosport's existed I probably would have tried them first.

Defi starts making boost gauges for their BF series that go over 30 PSI and I'll gladly spend the money and go back. Loved those gauges. Just weren't functional for me (and I like my gauges to match.....yes I know it doesn't have to).
Ah, well I have white Imperial Defi's which go to 35psi. And Now I'm getting an AEM afr gauge that won't match =[. I guess I'll use the white background it comes with to somewhat match, but I would prefer defi to come out with an afr gague...

I was going to get the prosports until I heard some of their oil pressure gauges stop working after a while. Their annoying start ups, in combination with my valentine one, will drive me insane also.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah like i said I've heard seen some of the quality issues with them but lets just say i've been speaking with them directly.

My AFR gauge was from AEM as well. So I sold my Defi Boost, water temp, oil perssure and AEM AFR and got the prosport premium Oil pressure, water temp and AFR and the Halo Boost (since it went up to 35PSI). I was going ot get the digital boost but I don't believe my setup will go past 35 psi now so I all i need was something in that range.