Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What spring rates to get????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What spring rates to get????

Im going to be ordering some coilovers for my evo but im not sure which spring rate to get? I mostly use the car as a daily and some spirited driving.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Then why do you need coil-overs? And have you done any research and reading?

I should start with that first question. Search and read on Swift Sports and SpecR springs and GTWorx springs.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree with first reply- for daily driving with some fun thrown in there is really no reason to get coilovers.

biggest mistake i made with my last car (1995 e36 m3) was the $4000 i spent to get coilovers and have them installed and setup. I did one track day and spent three years daily driving. somehow i am sure the stock suspension wouldve been fine for this lol

if want to lower the car for looks and a bit stiffer try good set of springs (there is a sticky above with spring rates). to change handling balance (more under/oversteer) try a good set of swaybars. can try some aftermarket bushings and or the whiteline kits also. new wheels and tires of different sizes than stock will also change handling and feel of car. lotsa good info here in forums too.

if hellbent on coilovers try to find a shop that has a lot of experience installing and setting up suspensions on evos- i promise some random shop install will make your car much worse than stock.