Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Front LCA, rearward bushing) options? Polyurethane? PSRS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bchappy
^do you have the offset bushing?
Yes.

l8r)
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the Perrin PSRS offset bushing and love it so far! Only downfall is that I will can't run my 18x11 wheels without dramatically chopping the front bumper. . .

Ernie, what is it about the aluminum/spherical bearing that you don't like? Possibly too harsh? I think you will be very happy with it. If you are using it on a DD you may want to come up with some sort of dust boot for the bearing, though, just to be on the safe side. (haven't heard of anyone wearing them out yet though).

Another thing to consider is that the front pivot will bind somewhat if you have taken out the stock bushing/bearing and replaced it with a solid poly bushing. Moving the rear of the arm out pulls that bushing off axis a bit. . . no problems so far though, but just to optimize it I am trying to track down an aftermarket sperical bearing solution for the front pivot point.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
what do you think about if we either
A)altered the subframe.
B)made some tapered bushings?

I don't want to do something that will drastically increase NVH like the rear diff bushings did...I'm finding a better solution for that at the moment.

Beatrush rear diff bushings for sale! Barely used.

I think I'll do very similar to the PSRS, but do a poly center with a little less give than stock. The plastics professors will be back in session here shortly and I'll be hounding them.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

hey gurus theres CUSCO FRONT BILLOWBALL BUSHINGS for around 260-300$. THAT WITH OUR PSRS AND WHITELINE RCK = WIN
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

I suspect robi know this, and I HEARD HE ALREADY MAKES HIS VERSION OF THE FRONT BUSHINGS AS WELL, based on cusco pillowball design.

It a shame noones got this far on here yet, and ROBI is quiet
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I think I'll do very similar to the PSRS, but do a poly center with a little less give than stock. The plastics professors will be back in session here shortly and I'll be hounding them.
This would be excellent and something I'd like to be able to offer.

Also, can you PM me your email address? Our schedules are not jiving very well so far.

- Andrew
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
what do you think about if we either
A)altered the subframe.
B)made some tapered bushings?

I don't want to do something that will drastically increase NVH like the rear diff bushings did...I'm finding a better solution for that at the moment.

Beatrush rear diff bushings for sale! Barely used.

I noticed no increase in NVH with the Perrin PSRS. Rear diff bushings are a whole different ballgame, as harder bushings allow the rear diff to resonate more with the chassis. I have the AMS mustache bar eliminator kit, which has solid aluminum bushings for the rear diff, and it wails like a banshee at times. No such effect with the Perrin PSRS.

One note: I did leave the stock rubber bushing in the front inside of the LCA (the other bushing to mount to the subframe), as the Perrin changes the angle of the LCA enough to where I did not want to force a poly bushing in there. The stock bushing seems to have just enough give in it to allow the relocation of the LCA without excessive strain.

l8r)
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah...

I do have the whiteline front bushing... which means I'll need to get creative.

Andrew no worries. My Skunk2's haven't sold yet. And I've got soo many projects at work and at home that I literally have no free time!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by STi*guy.kiev
hey gurus theres CUSCO FRONT BILLOWBALL BUSHINGS for around 260-300$. THAT WITH OUR PSRS AND WHITELINE RCK = WIN
Where did you souce this. I knew it existed and have had a shop trying to track it down for about 6 months now. Any info you can provide would be most helpful. Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

http://shop.edoperformance.com/cusco...id=106&sort=3a,

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...productid=2040,

http://www.kamispeed.com/product-p/cus.564-464-bv.htm,

that was easy....
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

These bushings with dfv school you
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Ralliart offers a front lower-rear bushing that maintains the spherical bearing but just has a higher durometer rubber bushing surrounding it. It won't give you any extra caster though. They list for about $175/ea and you can get them from http://RalliSpec.com.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I have the Perrin PSRS offset bushing and love it so far! Only downfall is that I will can't run my 18x11 wheels without dramatically chopping the front bumper. . .

Ernie, what is it about the aluminum/spherical bearing that you don't like? Possibly too harsh? I think you will be very happy with it. If you are using it on a DD you may want to come up with some sort of dust boot for the bearing, though, just to be on the safe side. (haven't heard of anyone wearing them out yet though).

Another thing to consider is that the front pivot will bind somewhat if you have taken out the stock bushing/bearing and replaced it with a solid poly bushing. Moving the rear of the arm out pulls that bushing off axis a bit. . . no problems so far though, but just to optimize it I am trying to track down an aftermarket sperical bearing solution for the front pivot point.
^this

I have found that the car is no more annoying on the highway than it was before the PSRS and that the stability under braking is incredible. One of the best mods I've done so far.

EVOlutionary: If you try any of these spherical bearings, spread the word, I'm not too thrilled about the front poly bushing with the offset PSRS either.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
R/T, I don't know if you are watching this thread or care anymore, but I too noticed zero increase in NVH with the PSRS. I ran them on the car daily driver for about a year before we caged it.

Dan
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The front bushing is surprisingly thin. I imagine most of the noise goes right through that front bushing either way. I've got a PSRS to put in and will be doing a spherical bearing in the front mounts as well. I think I'm just going to cut grooves into the bore for snap rings though, no need for a clamp shell type setup.

Quick Reply: Front LCA, rearward bushing) options? Polyurethane? PSRS?