Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brake rotor ?s

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake rotor ?s

I am looking into getting some light weight rotors. The ones I'm looking at are DBA 5000, Girodisc 2pc and ultra lite 2pc. I will be doing street driving along with mostly auto-x and hopefully a track day or two. I can't find much info out on the ultra lites and I was wondering are these more of a drag brake or all around or track? Does anyone know the weight on the DBA brakes? They are all roughly in the same price range. Has anyone used both rotors? pros vs cons?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll let you decide on the advice from others as my opinion is biased! But, you don't want the ultralights. They are drag race and autox only, not street, def not road race. We are out of stock of ultralights anyways.

Martin
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:26 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
STM has the Baer 2 pieces that are very lightweight. I've seen a few local guys use them at the autox, and they seem to hold up. IIRC, Baer's is still one of the lightest rotors available, but I think they've stopped production of these. Another rotor that's been getting good reviews are the RacingBrake 2 piece rotors, with their propietary open slot design! I will be upgrading to those next.

Last edited by chu; Sep 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:37 PM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
7kmiles on my Girodisc 2-piece slotted F/R and I'm as happy with them as I can be. DD, amateur rally and trackday so far and they are perfect, both in terms of performance and low wear. Weight is very close to reported by Girodisc (I think small difference is due to low precision home weights).

I am pretty confident in recommending those without any doubts.