Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport or Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110

I have narrowed it down to these 2 tires. Both good tires from the reviews I have read, but wanted to see comments or experiences on those that have used either. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what do u use the car for??? been in a car that has the hankook's, and currently have on the BFG G force sports, in my opinion good tires, however for ride and handling I would put the hankooks in the same boat.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The BFG will ride a bit better/quieter and last longer.... the Hankook will do better wet/dry and will respond crisper in the wheel.

If you're not a real aggressive driver and enjoy a little spirited street driving then I'd look at the BFG. More aggressive street driving and tend to push the car more often would work best with the V12's. Can't go wrong either way really. Call me if interested.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by dastallion951
what do u use the car for??? been in a car that has the hankook's, and currently have on the BFG G force sports, in my opinion good tires, however for ride and handling I would put the hankooks in the same boat.

I use the car for a little bit of spirited drives on the weekends and ocassional long trips. I think bottom line, ride quality is my main concern on those long trips.

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
The BFG will ride a bit better/quieter and last longer.... the Hankook will do better wet/dry and will respond crisper in the wheel.

If you're not a real aggressive driver and enjoy a little spirited street driving then I'd look at the BFG. More aggressive street driving and tend to push the car more often would work best with the V12's. Can't go wrong either way really. Call me if interested.

Thanks that helps alot!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Hankooks on my E46 M3. They were a good tire, especially for the price. They didn't go to quickly if you didn't drive the too hard too often. I would not say they are a track worthy tire if that's what you're in to.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

A short review on the Hankkoks, only have them a few days now:

Firstly, this is a nice looking tyre. Nice centre bead, solid shoulder for cornering stability. Off the car the sidewalls felt a little soft, but not bad. The compound by the treads also felt a little soft. The guy putting on the tyres noticed also, this is a good thing. Excellent for grip.

The guy at tyre clinic expertly removed some paint from the lip on my first rim and then corrected himself and was careful with the rest after.

Impressions:

These tyres are QUIET. I can hear every suspension noise and the music is much clearer in the car. I did some highway driving and backroad driving. The tyres seem to have a vague turn in on slow speeds but get more direct the faster you go. Sidewalls are somewhat soft, helping the ride, but seem to stand up well on corners. I have been taking it easy, so no tyre squeal or anything yet. Very confidence inspiring. To be quite honest these tyres remind me a LOT of birdgestone RE-01's, they are a little softer, but the characteristics are there.

This was only dry weather, will see what happens in the rain and write some more.