Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Brembo Brake Problem...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brembo Brake Problem...

Hi Guys,
currently my brake seems only biting on the rear part and the front doesnt seem biting at all or much...
The rust on the front rotors still present after even 2 days of driving.
This happen after ive changed my rotors (Front & Rear) and brake pads for front only.

Today ive changed the brake fluid dot 4.0 bosch and hope it will be fine after few days of running the new front brake pads...

Say,if after few days the problem still the same, then what area should i need to focus on (Brake pump, Brembo service kit, Etc)???

Thanks

Last edited by jameswwt; Oct 29, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

check to make sure that the pads are able to move and something didn't get dropped into the calipers that will prevent their movement. Check to make sure that the pistons have not seized up. It is extremely dangerous to drive without your front brakes. They do most of your braking! Any surface rust on your brakes should be gone within the first couple of times that you apply your brakes!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you bleed each caliper properly ??
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also when you opened each bleeder valve to bleed them did the fluid easily get pumped out in spurts or did it just slowly drip out? I've seen cars where the bleeder valve was completely rusted over on the inner part of it so it wouldn't bleed and had the piston in the caliper seized
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05blue8
Also when you opened each bleeder valve to bleed them did the fluid easily get pumped out in spurts or did it just slowly drip out? I've seen cars where the bleeder valve was completely rusted over on the inner part of it so it wouldn't bleed and had the piston in the caliper seized
Hi Guys,
yes, my mech have bleed the 4 valve and yes, everything is normal while bleeding...
No entrap air or slow dripping.

Will it be the master pump problem? Ive checked the front 2 caliper pistons and when we press on the brake the pistons will come out each at a time...This is mainly to check whether is it a jam pump.

Everything just seems to goes a bit hairwire after my complete rebuilt.
Will it caused by faulty sensors or faulty AYC?

What should i do now?

Last edited by jameswwt; Oct 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 06:30 AM

Try braking HARD from 70ish (when safe to do) and see if the fronts work then.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phemes
Try braking HARD from 70ish (when safe to do) and see if the fronts work then.
Hi Phemes,
yes ive tried braking hard during 100ish but confirmed the front brake is not biting...
The curious part is,when we remove the front pads earlier and checked on the pistons it did work when we pedal the brake.
But the pistons just come out one at a time...

Will it be a brake pump problem and can i try putting in a new service kit for the front brembo's???

Please advise
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone kind to share???

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:57 AM

It must be air in the system I think........
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To rule out the possibility of it being an air-in-fluid problem, how does the brake pedal feel when driving? Is it soft? Firm? is the pedal inconsistent in pressure?

If its firm, and the pedal provides constant 'feel' then it's time to look into those calipers. A Master Cylinder leak can easily be spotted by inspecting the cylinder itself, and the hard line connections, etc. Any internal leak in the cylinder would be accompanied by a squishy pedal, so if again your pedal is firm, I would start checking out those calipers.

Another thought too, is your brake line where it bolts to the strut kinked at all? Inspect the lines themselves throughly in the wheel wells.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Solo

Originally Posted by Solo II Evo
To rule out the possibility of it being an air-in-fluid problem, how does the brake pedal feel when driving? Is it soft? Firm? is the pedal inconsistent in pressure?

If its firm, and the pedal provides constant 'feel' then it's time to look into those calipers. A Master Cylinder leak can easily be spotted by inspecting the cylinder itself, and the hard line connections, etc. Any internal leak in the cylinder would be accompanied by a squishy pedal, so if again your pedal is firm, I would start checking out those calipers.

Another thought too, is your brake line where it bolts to the strut kinked at all? Inspect the lines themselves throughly in the wheel wells.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Are you sure the rotors are the correct size ?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:51 AM

When the pressure in the system rises because you put you foot on the brake, a bad master cylinder will allow leakage past the seal and limit the pressure so the pistons won't apply much force. This will not show up when testing piston movement with the caliper off the rotor as there is no pressure to cause the leak back. In short, get a new master cylinder.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phemes
When the pressure in the system rises because you put you foot on the brake, a bad master cylinder will allow leakage past the seal and limit the pressure so the pistons won't apply much force. This will not show up when testing piston movement with the caliper off the rotor as there is no pressure to cause the leak back. In short, get a new master cylinder.
Thanks alot Phemes

Quick Reply: Brembo Brake Problem...