Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

BC Racing or Apexi Coilovers for DD Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
yes, "for the price" maybe. but that price is only what, $300? a well setup $1500 coilover system will still outperform the $300 setup. if you have suspension travel, good spring rates, and properly valved shocks on the coilover setup, it's going to be better than stock shocks with springs. if that can be had for a reasonable price, then why hate on it?

the stock shocks are too soft to push really really hard. i raced on the stock MR stuff for a while before I went with coilovers, and the car felt a lot better after the switch, and my times dropped in comparison to the other cars i raced against before the switch.

with the set i'll be putting on in a couple of weeks, i'll be having these corner balanced as well. if coilovers that don't cost $3000 are so useless, then why don't teams that road race their cars just use stock MR shocks and GT Worx springs instead of campaigning their cars on low end coilovers?

the MR/GT Worx combo is good, but it's not the end-all-be-all to affordable suspension options.

the problem isn't the price of the coilovers. the problem is the coilovers having the wrong rates or valving, or both, or poor setup by the user. The MR/GT Worx setup takes that part out of the equation. THAT does a lot to make it a superior setup. IF you get a setup that is properly valved with proper rates and setup properly it will be better.

stop hating because not everybody wants, or needs to spend $3000 to go fast.
Talk about not getting the point between daily drivers and track cars.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do some before/after track trials...i would put $ on stock Bils being faster than any $1000 coilover.

why do they put $1000 coilovers on their track cars? to sell 1000 buck coilovers...

I had 7 different shock/strut/coilover setups on my car, with the exception of the Tein Super Racings, the MR is the best of what i have tried. and you can find them on here for around 400 bucks.

do you have to spend 3grand...no. I paid 1750 for my SRCs 3-4 years ago, you can find some deals out there. but typically the more you spend the better product you get.

but ODUB, i hope your FA 500s are all they say they are...its just unlikely.