Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

UnderBody Brace

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 776 Likes on 591 Posts
If you autocross then leave the stock bars as they are unless you like running in prepared.

Also, I don't really see how people are "Noticing" a difference unless you have at a minimum urethane bushings. Those will have far more compliance than changing the stock bars can help.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Also, I don't really see how people are "Noticing" a difference unless you have at a minimum urethane bushings.
it's true, the difference to me was small enough that it could have been all mental. With r-comps, a complete poly bushing set and 10/14 k springs, it going to be alot easier to discern chassis flex.

Doesn't mean that bar wont have an effect without the bushing though. Depends on the angles with which everything flexes. Looking at how the chassis braces are mounted, it should help maintain more negative camber, probably compensating a bit for the squishy rubber bushings.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

i am not looking for the WOW effect, i just figured since the car is in the air and i had to lossen up the stock braces to drop the dp, i figured i would swap them for something more rigid. The aftermarket braces have very little flex due to the fact the brace is connected on all four corners, so the energy is transferred equal, isntead of just from one side to another on the oem ones.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erald01
i just figured since the car is in the air and i had to lossen up the stock braces to drop the dp,
sounds like a good enough reason to me
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
My recommendation in chassis bracing is the RS trunk bar and Carbing 6-point Lower Arm Bar. I had those plus a cheap $23 eBay rear strut tower brace on my IX and it really tightened things up on the autocross course.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...r-arm-bar.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...trunk-bar.html
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 776 Likes on 591 Posts
That lower bar definitely puts you into prepared. For a street car or one you dont car about running PAX in it probably doesnt matter, but for BSP or SM you pretty much just gotta stick with stock.

Of course, I only know autocross and classing so thats all I see :P