Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently running Volk RE-30's 17 x 9 +35 with a 245/40 Kuhmo mx
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

My current setup:

Buddy Club P1 Racing QF in 17x9 +28mm

Bridgestone Potenza RE-050 Pole position - 255/40/17

Works/Ohlins Stage 4 (Flag/L) - Robispec'd at a "streetable" ride height - too low for parking stops by about 1/4" - 1/2" - no problems with speed bumps though.

Had slight rubbing in the rear, rolled the rear fenders, no more rubbing.

Also slight rubbing on the plastic fender liner up front when turning. Very slight and not sure how to fix it.

Overall I LOVE the wheels. 14.5 lbs and very strong.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My current set up;

Jic flt-a1

5 zigen pro racer +520 17x9 +27 offset (rear has to be rolled depending the height of car)

toyo t1r 255/40/17

Last edited by evo_rc; Oct 31, 2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:53 PM

Im looking to get some BBS LM's 18x9's...what would be a good offset?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After reading 27 pages can someone please tell me why this thread in titled " Confirmed wheel fitment guide"? What's confirmed about it? It's 27 pages of nearly useless info.

All it needs is one page with a chart displaying all the wheel diameter, width, and offset combos that fit or require mods. In my opinion this would be invaluable to th Evo M community.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kins
After reading 27 pages can someone please tell me why this thread in titled " Confirmed wheel fitment guide"? What's confirmed about it? It's 27 pages of nearly useless info.

All it needs is one page with a chart displaying all the wheel diameter, width, and offset combos that fit or require mods. In my opinion this would be invaluable to th Evo M community.

Just my 2 cents worth.
If you aren't volunteering to compile the list yourself, then quit complaining.

If you ARE volunteering, I may have some info I can send you.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
If you aren't volunteering to compile the list yourself, then quit complaining.

If you ARE volunteering, I may have some info I can send you.
I can complain if i want to. I've just read 27 pages of random posts expecting to find some useful info but failed.

No I'm not volunteering. If I was I'd say so.

I understand this would take a considerable amount of time and effort and it's understandable that no one has compiled such a list (yet). My point is this thread shouldn't be called "Confirmed wheel fitment guide", it wasted my time and I'm sure others would agree.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I can complain if i want to. I've just read 27 pages of random posts expecting to find some useful info but failed.

No I'm not volunteering. If I was I'd say so.

I understand this would take a considerable amount of time and effort and it's understandable that no one has compiled such a list (yet). My point is this thread shouldn't be called "Confirmed wheel fitment guide", it wasted my time and I'm sure others would agree.
There is a LOT of useful info in here unless you're just a whiny b!tch scanning for the easy answer like almost every other newb who only looks at only 15 posts per page (thus your 27 pages instead of everyone else's 5-10 pages).

Moving on, an unfortunate side effect of the stellar performance of the Brembo brakes bestowed upon the Evo is that they will not clear just any old wheel based simply on diameter, width, and offset. If you want that, you need to buy another Civic or Celica or Neon or whatever other sh!tbox you drove in a past life.

If you want wheels for your Evo, you have to worry about pad height, aka disk height, aka "x-factor" which is almost never published on any wheel ... ever. That is the distance from the backside of the wheel hub (the mounting surface that contacts the brake rotor) to the backside of the spokes. The reason this number is so rarely published is that the spokes are almost never flat, so the "x-factor" measurement changes as you move along the length of the spoke from the center to the edge.

The "x-factor" can be seen in this drawing ( http://www.bbs-usa.com/fileadmin/bbs...heel_Forms.pdf ) referred to as "Maximum Caliper Extension"

Further complicating matters is that the brakes are known to swell during heavy track use and some rims are known to flex under heavy lateral loads, which makes the "x-factor" a variable situation.

So "Confirmed wheel fitment guide" is appropriately named because it covers what wheels people have actually put on their cars (the confirmed part) and what was required, if anything to make them clear the brakes, suspension, and fenders (the fitment part).
Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

There is a LOT of useful info in here unless you're just a whiny b!tch scanning for the easy answer like almost every other newb who only looks at only 15 posts per page (thus your 27 pages instead of everyone else's 5-10 pages).

Moving on, an unfortunate side effect of the stellar performance of the Brembo brakes bestowed upon the Evo is that they will not clear just any old wheel based simply on diameter, width, and offset. If you want that, you need to buy another Civic or Celica or Neon or whatever other sh!tbox you drove in a past life.

If you want wheels for your Evo, you have to worry about pad height, aka disk height, aka "x-factor" which is almost never published on any wheel ... ever. That is the distance from the backside of the wheel hub (the mounting surface that contacts the brake rotor) to the backside of the spokes. The reason this number is so rarely published is that the spokes are almost never flat, so the "x-factor" measurement changes as you move along the length of the spoke from the center to the edge.

The "x-factor" can be seen in this drawing ( http://www.bbs-usa.com/fileadmin/bbs...heel_Forms.pdf ) referred to as "Maximum Caliper Extension"

Further complicating matters is that the brakes are known to swell during heavy track use and some rims are known to flex under heavy lateral loads, which makes the "x-factor" a variable situation.

So "Confirmed wheel fitment guide" is appropriately named because it covers what wheels people have actually put on their cars (the confirmed part) and what was required, if anything to make them clear the brakes, suspension, and fenders (the fitment part).
So what you're saying is this thread is the confirmed wheel fitment guide because the only way you can find out if a wheel will fits is if someone else has tried it and it works. I beg to differ. Wheel manufacturers have fitment guides that tell you if a wheel will fit a particular application. I would assume they would factor in the X-factor you describe. Alongside this source of information it would be possible to collate data from this thread and display it as a quick reference tool. This would save time sifting through a thread of people asking would this fit....those wheels are sick type comments. I'm not trying to be a douche here I'm merely making a constructive criticism and putting suggestions forward to make this thread better in terms of user friendliness.

Moving on I don't appreciate the way you are judging me and indeed talking to me. You don't know my background, you don't know what car's I've owned, and you certainly don't know me. Just because I'm new to this site doesn't mean I'm a nobody so don't treat me like one. I can see you have a higher post count and have been on this site longer than I have but that certainly doesn't give you the right to talk down to or belittle other forum members with loose / big man talk. Grow up and have a little respect for others.

Last edited by Kins; Dec 26, 2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

So what you're saying is this thread is the confirmed wheel fitment guide because the only way you can find out if a wheel will fits is if someone else has tried it and it works. I beg to differ. Wheel manufacturers have fitment guides that tell you if a wheel will fit a particular application. I would assume they would factor in the X-factor you describe. Alongside this source of information it would be possible to collate data from this thread and display it as a quick reference tool. This would save time sifting through a thread of people asking would this fit....those wheels are sick type comments. I'm not trying to be a douche here I'm merely making a constructive criticism and putting suggestions forward to make this thread better in terms of user friendliness.

Moving on I don't appreciate the way you are judging me and indeed talking to me. You don't know my background, you don't know what car's I've owned, and you certainly don't know me. Just because I'm new to this site doesn't mean I'm a nobody so don't treat me like one. I can see you have a higher post count and have been on this site longer than I have but that certainly doesn't give you the right to talk down to or belittle other forum members with loose / big man talk. Grow up and have a little respect for others.
You can complain if you want to, and I can judge you and call you a ***** if I want to. Especially if you are actually being one. You say you aren't trying to sound like one, unfortunately that's exactly how you do sound. So stop acting that way and I will stop treating you that way.

Moving on, have you ever called a wheel manufacturer? If they have an American office, most of the people in it are lazy retards that have zero information and no clue how to find it. 90% of the time, they can't tell you how much the wheels weigh or what their center bore is, both of which are FAR easier to document than x-factor.

TireRack is about the only company that actually measures and/or test fits each wheel before they sell it. They used to participate in this thread, but it's been a while.

So if you want to take what you are given, for free, out of the generosity of the members on this site, then please do so. If you want to b!tch about how it should be, but don't want to do anything about it, then go somewhere else or be prepared to be called names like newb, *****, vag, or jackhole.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

You can complain if you want to, and I can judge you and call you a ***** if I want to. Especially if you are actually being one. You say you aren't trying to sound like one, unfortunately that's exactly how you do sound. So stop acting that way and I will stop treating you that way.

Moving on, have you ever called a wheel manufacturer? If they have an American office, most of the people in it are lazy retards that have zero information and no clue how to find it. 90% of the time, they can't tell you how much the wheels weigh or what their center bore is, both of which are FAR easier to document than x-factor.

TireRack is about the only company that actually measures and/or test fits each wheel before they sell it. They used to participate in this thread, but it's been a while.

So if you want to take what you are given, for free, out of the generosity of the members on this site, then please do so. If you want to b!tch about how it should be, but don't want to do anything about it, then go somewhere else or be prepared to be called names like newb, *****, vag, or jackhole.
Yeah, yeah, whatever!

Back on topic. Having read this complete thread I can see that 2 forum users had the right idea. The first started to compile a list in word format and the 2nd (JoeKamel's) in excel. JoeKamel's excel format was excellent (see attachment). This was a great starting point if Joe's work had been appreciated, accepted and utilized we could have had a database full of CONFIRMED wheels fitments rather than a thread that's very difficult to extract useful information from.

You can call me "newb, *****, vag, or jackhole" all you like but what you fail to see is I'm trying to help. I'm trying to suggest a method of tidying data so it's easier for future forums users to find info that will help them. I feel a live database would be pretty easy to set up and update. I would take on the task myself but like you so rightly point out, I'm just a newbie and what do I know. Maybe someone like yourself who took over this thread with your opinion would relish such an opportunity. Maybe it will help feed the power trip you so obviously get by sharing you O' so wise wheel knowledge. Here is your chance for some cheap thrills big man.

Now if you choose to continue this on here you will find I won't reply, you're not worth the effort. Listen if you really want to be the chief tool about this and jack up this thread with your pathetic argument and comments lets take this somewhere else. I'm more than happy to send you a way of contacting me and we can discuss this like adults rather than your childish squabbling. PM me your preferred method of contact. Or alternatively you could do the sensible thing and just drop it. What do you say clever clogs?
Attached Files
File Type: zip
EvoWheelGuide.zip (8.0 KB, 78 views)
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:50 AM

fitment of 265 35 18s on 18x9.5 355 offset fn1orcs

i have had these wheels on for two years w/ 1 255/35/18 hankook ventus tires with no rubbing

then i added swift springs, still no rubbing

now i went to 265/35/18 hankook ventus and still no rubbing, stock fenders no rolling, no pulling nothing
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:47 AM

5Zigen Pro Racer Zr 520 (hyper Gunmetal)

What Size is correct:

17 x 9

37 or 27 offset?
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jucelavri
5Zigen Pro Racer Zr 520 (hyper Gunmetal)

What Size is correct:

17 x 9

37 or 27 offset?
Well I have no idea if either one will clear your calipers, but for the sake of this post, I'll assume both of them will clear the brakes. I'll also assume you want to run 255/40/17 tires.

The +37 might need a 3-5mm spacer up front to clear your springs depending on your suspension setup, but will probably work fine without. (235/45/17 tires shouldn't need a spacer)

The +27 will almost certainly require rolling the fenders in the back, but will clear everything up front just fine. (235/45/17 tires might not need a spacer)
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:37 AM

will Enkei NT 03 TM wheel 17 x 9.5 with +44 offset fit my evo, i was going to rock them with some 255/40 but it sounds like ill have some rubbing issues.

Last edited by BIGBADRS9; Feb 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions