Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 09:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick_Foster
Hey @MinusPrevious Last Call for "Saga" was on September 30th and now been Discontinued. Saga has now been renamed to "Saga S-Plus" with different sizing.

What are your thoughts on the below fitments for overall best stock fitment?
17x9 +22
18x9 +35
18x9.5 +38
​​18x9.5 +22

I've been told 18x9.5 with inset of +22 clears both front and rear brembos without the need for spacers and only fender rolling needed with 245/35 tire not sure if either of the two I listed would accommodate that as well, thanks in advance for the reply!
17x9 +22 = Going to need rear fender rolling & possible fender pull, bumper bolt relocation as well. Dependent on tire size & camber setting
18x9 +35 = This is likely the most modest fitment for the rear. Running a 245 tire, likely no rear fender treatment needed
18x9.5 +38 = Modest fit for the rear & likely no fender treatment needed due to the +38 setting
​​18x9.5 +22 = Tough to fit this 9.5" wheel at the +22 setting. It may clear the front as you noted but the rear is going to be tough to fit w/out the rear fender treatment
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
17x9 +22 = Going to need rear fender rolling & possible fender pull, bumper bolt relocation as well. Dependent on tire size & camber setting
18x9 +35 = This is likely the most modest fitment for the rear. Running a 245 tire, likely no rear fender treatment needed
18x9.5 +38 = Modest fit for the rear & likely no fender treatment needed due to the +38 setting
​​18x9.5 +22 = Tough to fit this 9.5" wheel at the +22 setting. It may clear the front as you noted but the rear is going to be tough to fit w/out the rear fender treatment
@MinusPrevious thanks for the hasty reply, so out of the 18x9 +35 and 18x9.5 +38 do you think either will clear brembos without the need for spacers?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Nick_Foster
thanks for the hasty reply, so out of the 18x9 +35 and 18x9.5 +38 do you think either will clear brembos without the need for spacers?
Regarding front fit, there is no formula to follow regarding caliper clearance. Its in the spoke design.

Some wheels clear & others do not. Either a test fit or we need to find a thread where someone has confirmed front fit w/the exact wheel youre looking at.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Oct 18, 2021 at 02:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nick_Foster (Oct 18, 2021)
Old Jan 2, 2022, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
rpf1 17x9 +35

hello,

​​​​​​I have rpf1 17x9 +35 which i baught with toyo r888r tires 235/45/17

the rear wheel fit but is a bit too inwards for the look im going for which is flush

what spacers size minimum i need to clear the front calipers and what size of spacers do i need too make the rear wheel sit flush without rolling or modification too fenders.

will 17mm or 20mm spacers work for front... and 15mm rear?

thanks

Old Jan 2, 2022, 05:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Wheelspk
hello,

​​​​​​I have rpf1 17x9 +35 which i baught with toyo r888r tires 235/45/17

the rear wheel fit but is a bit too inwards for the look im going for which is flush

what spacers size minimum i need to clear the front calipers and what size of spacers do i need too make the rear wheel sit flush without rolling or modification too fenders.

will 17mm or 20mm spacers work for front... and 15mm rear?

thanks
The EvO looks real nice! Yes, the 17x9 +35 is a modest wheel fit for the stock body. Combine that w/235's & its even more modest.

For me, a flush fit kind of starts at the +29 area running a 9" wheel. Recommend running a 5mm spacer & changing over to the tire size of 255/40.

Keep in mind, a rear fender roll & some added negative camber (i.e. -1.8 degrees) will likely be needed

That 15mm / 20mm spacer idea will really push that wheel outboard & some serious rear fender work will be needed in addition to the rear roll

Let me know if you have further questions

Cheers.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

The EvO looks real nice! Yes, the 17x9 +35 is a modest wheel fit for the stock body. Combine that w/235's & its even more modest.

For me, a flush fit kind of starts at the +29 area running a 9" wheel. Recommend running a 5mm spacer & changing over to the tire size of 255/40.

Keep in mind, a rear fender roll & some added negative camber (i.e. -1.8 degrees) will likely be needed

That 15mm / 20mm spacer idea will really push that wheel outboard & some serious rear fender work will be needed in addition to the rear roll

Let me know if you have further questions

Cheers.

thanks for the reply

from what i been reading with a 17x9 +35 people usualy run a 20mm space in front .....its the rear im confused abt to make a square stance as the front do i need 5mm or 10mm spacer? since my tires are 235's will running a 10mm spacer make the wheel go out of the body of the car ?

thanks
Old Jan 2, 2022, 09:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

thanks for the reply

from what i been reading with a 17x9 +35 people usualy run a 20mm space in front .....its the rear im confused abt to make a square stance as the front do i need 5mm or 10mm spacer? since my tires are 235's will running a 10mm spacer make the wheel go out of the body of the car ?

thanks
Sure, a front spacer can be used. 20mm is a large spacer which will give your wheels an effective 15mm offset which is aggressive, but is doable, at the front only. I would use no more than a 10-15mm in the front (just my opinion)

Sure, you can run a 10mm in the rear which will make your new offset at 25mm (wheels will not be sticking out). Running a 25mm offset wheel w/those 235's you will need a rear fender roll at the minimum w/that negative camber i mentioned above.

A test fit should be done in the rear. Disconnect one side of the sway bar & remove the strut. Jack the wheel into the wheel well to identify where the contact points are between the tire & fender

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jan 2, 2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Sure, a front spacer can be used. 20mm is a large spacer which will give your wheels an effective 15mm offset which is aggressive, but is doable, at the front only. I would use no more than a 10-15mm in the front (just my opinion)

Sure, you can run a 10mm in the rear which will make your new offset at 25mm (wheels will not be sticking out). Running a 25mm offset wheel w/those 235's you will need a rear fender roll at the minimum w/that negative camber i mentioned above.

A test fit should be done in the rear. Disconnect one side of the sway bar & remove the strut. Jack the wheel into the wheel well to identify where the contact points are between the tire & fender

well i tried 20mm spacer for front and 15mm spacer for back, and the front did not at all looks good... the tires for being even 235 /40 were sticking out and would defently hit the front fenders on bumps.. the rear was fine and would be great with rolled fenders... so i have no choice but too look for some other wheels... im considering advan rzii which being 17x9 +35 clear all brrambos and dont hit fenders... say i really loved the rpf1's tho
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts

well i tried 20mm spacer for front and 15mm spacer for back, and the front did not at all looks good... the tires for being even 235 /40 were sticking out and would defently hit the front fenders on bumps.. the rear was fine and would be great with rolled fenders... so i have no choice but too look for some other wheels... im considering advan rzii which being 17x9 +35 clear all brrambos and dont hit fenders... say i really loved the rpf1's tho
looks like you just need some camber upfront
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
looks like you just need some camber upfront
doable but i dont wana play around with camber at all... anyone got pics of advan rz 2 with 17x9 +35?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
doable but i dont wana play around with camber at all... anyone got pics of advan rz 2 with 17x9 +35?
huh? your front wheels look too straight. If you want 'stance' you want it to look fast. wheels spacers are bandaid fixes, sometimes theyre too obvious
Old Jan 5, 2022, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
huh? your front wheels look too straight. If you want 'stance' you want it to look fast. wheels spacers are bandaid fixes, sometimes theyre too obvious
i ended uo selling my rpf1 17x9 and got some beautiful advan rzii's and they are 17x9 +35 and they fit perfectly not even a inch out of the body of the car... clears all fenders... infact i might add 4mm small spacers at the back.

Old Jan 5, 2022, 06:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i ended uo selling my rpf1 17x9 and got some beautiful advan rzii's and they are 17x9 +35 and they fit perfectly not even a inch out of the body of the car... clears all fenders... infact i might add 4mm small spacers at the back.
ADVAN makes some real nice, light, track oriented wheels. Not to forget how many of their wheels clear the front calipers

I have a set of their RGII's 17x9 +29 wrapped w/275/40's

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Jan 5, 2022 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 06:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by sabotaaage
do you know of any 18" wheels that dont need spacers? i have a set of 18x9 +29 rgii's right now that dont need any spacers, just rolled fenders. one rim just got cracked and i need to replace the set and id prefer to keep not using spacers.

ive tried searching the forums but couldnt really find anything. the only thing i could find is this old sale post https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nce-sales.html but no other posts confirming fitment.

any help or ideas you might have would be appreciated!
Hello @sabotaaage . I have not brushed up on wheels that dont need spacers in a while but your RGII's i am very familiar with. I have the same exact wheel in 17 & chose them specifically because of the GTR spoke face & they clear the front calipers

What comes to mind are Wedsports / ROTA's (i have a set of these as well that fit w/out spacers) / There are some Volks that fit as well. If you search this thread there are many examples to give some thought to.
I guess finding another single RGII is tough?

Let me know / Cheers, Joe
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Hello @sabotaaage . I have not brushed up on wheels that dont need spacers in a while but your RGII's i am very familiar with. I have the same exact wheel in 17 & chose them specifically because of the GTR spoke face & they clear the front calipers

What comes to mind are Wedsports / ROTA's (i have a set of these as well that fit w/out spacers) / There are some Volks that fit as well. If you search this thread there are many examples to give some thought to.
I guess finding another single RGII is tough?

Let me know / Cheers, Joe

yup they fit perfect cleared both calipers

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions