Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run Advan RZ's 17x9 +35 with 255/40 Dunlop Star Specs. Zero problems bro. Lowered on Swifts and no rubbing anywhere.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if the Kyowa KR628 Evolve Silver 18x9 21 offset fits the evo? spacers involved? fender work?

does anyone have any pics on their evo?

here are what they look like:

http://www.bigwheels.net/index.php?l...bold_id=315069
Old Nov 8, 2008, 04:16 AM

aggressive wheels

here is a pic of my 05 electric blue 8 i am running rays lmgt4 (this is actually a nismo 350 z front wheel the nismo stickers just peel off ) i got them new and the boxes say nismo and manufactured by rays engineering japan model lmgt4.they have forged monoblock and made in japan molded into the rim.they are 18x8.5 25mm offset very light rim.also note the hub bore is 66mm so i had to open them up to 67.1 but it wasnt too difficult and well worth it for the price. i also have bridgestone re050a tires (140 treadwear) 255/35/18.pic coilovers set pretty low.no spacers scrubbing only sometimes in rear on severe bumps or bumps in tight corners.probably rolling the fenders would cure that (or raising the car a half inch or so)anyway i got the rims on ebay for 800.00 shipped can you believe it? you cant even get heavy cast rotas for that!the rears on a 350z are 18x9.5 30mm offset which would probably fit an evo really well but i couldnt find those reasonably priced.if you can find these at a good price grab them you can get the forged rays product for a great deal .these list for like 550.00 fach through nissan so dont try there.i would suggest some nissan forums or ebay.good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions-evo-new-wheels.jpg  

Last edited by evoguy69; Dec 2, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznDragonV
does anyone know if the Kyowa KR628 Evolve Silver 18x9 21 offset fits the evo? spacers involved? fender work?

does anyone have any pics on their evo?

here are what they look like:

http://www.bigwheels.net/index.php?l...bold_id=315069
As long as they clear the brakes, you definitely don't want spacers with that setup. But a bit of fender work will be necessary for sure. Stick to 255's

BUT if you look closely at that picture the front and rear are two different offsets, so I'd do a bit more research before I hopped on that train if I were you.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ thanks

yea ill research some more

if its 2 offsets, it wont hurt the car right? just as long as they are the same width? right?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ thanks

yea ill research some more

if its 2 offsets, it wont hurt the car right? just as long as they are the same width? right?
There's no problem with 2 different offsets, autocrossers do it all the time to get the car to rotate better on tight corners. Make sure the wider track (lower offset) goes up front. Aside from that, as long as the rims are the same width and the tires are the same size you won't have any drivetrain problems.

Just make sure you get the car aligned properly to avoid unpredictable handling. The effects from different offsets can be more dramatic than you might expect!
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know if 17x9.5's 30mm offset with 275/40R17 would clear everything ?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

what about rota tourqe 17x8 w/35+ will it fit
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JJLANCER02
what about rota tourqe 17x8 w/35+ will it fit
piece o' cake, that's almost the exact same specs as the stock wheels.

But if you're gonna spend money on wheels, why not go with 8.5's or 9's and put some 255's on them?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M2007
Anyone know if 17x9.5's 30mm offset with 275/40R17 would clear everything ?
LOL, not gonna happen. Well maybe if you're on stock suspension and drive your car like a grandma.

Your best bet is wider fenders up front and some serious (professional) pulling of the rear fenders as a minimum in back.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
piece o' cake, that's almost the exact same specs as the stock wheels.

But if you're gonna spend money on wheels, why not go with 8.5's or 9's and put some 255's on them?
well there a guy selling a set w/tires and an extra wheel for 400
Old Nov 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

There's no problem with 2 different offsets, autocrossers do it all the time to get the car to rotate better on tight corners. Make sure the wider track (lower offset) goes up front. Aside from that, as long as the rims are the same width and the tires are the same size you won't have any drivetrain problems.

Just make sure you get the car aligned properly to avoid unpredictable handling. The effects from different offsets can be more dramatic than you might expect!

on that site i posted earlier, it shows that the 18x9 21 offset and 40 offset fit on the evo.. so i would have to put the lower offset, 21, in the front? and 40 in the back? wouldnt that look funny? lol 21 offset would have a wider lip than the 40 offset, correct?

or did you mean if i were to choose two different offset to put the one with lower offset in front?

i would rather have the 21 offset all around. depending if that clears the brembos im all good right?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

on that site i posted earlier, it shows that the 18x9 21 offset and 40 offset fit on the evo.. so i would have to put the lower offset, 21, in the front? and 40 in the back? wouldnt that look funny? lol 21 offset would have a wider lip than the 40 offset, correct?

or did you mean if i were to choose two different offset to put the one with lower offset in front?

i would rather have the 21 offset all around. depending if that clears the brembos im all good right?
Yes, if you choose two different offsets, you need the lower offset in front or the car will handle like crap.

And yes it will look stupid if the deep dish wheel is in front.

But many wheels are available with different "faces". So it's possible that company might make a +21 offset with a very high (thick) pad which will allow for extra rotor clearance and a thinner lip. They may also make a +40 with a lower (thin) pad that will have a deep dish where rear caliper clearance isn't much of an issue.

Either that or they put on some cool looking wheels just to take a picture and there's no effing way it will work on a real car. That's my guess.

18x9 +21 will be very tough to squeeze under either of your stock fenders, but the rear will be the most difficult. 18x9 +40 should work ok in back, but it will be very close to the rear suspension.

Unfortunately I'm sure you will need a spacer if you want to run the 18x9 +40 up front. Probably 5-6mm and maybe more if you have coilovers.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, if you choose two different offsets, you need the lower offset in front or the car will handle like crap.

And yes it will look stupid if the deep dish wheel is in front.

But many wheels are available with different "faces". So it's possible that company might make a +21 offset with a very high (thick) pad which will allow for extra rotor clearance and a thinner lip. They may also make a +40 with a lower (thin) pad that will have a deep dish where rear caliper clearance isn't much of an issue.

Either that or they put on some cool looking wheels just to take a picture and there's no effing way it will work on a real car. That's my guess.

18x9 +21 will be very tough to squeeze under either of your stock fenders, but the rear will be the most difficult. 18x9 +40 should work ok in back, but it will be very close to the rear suspension.

Unfortunately I'm sure you will need a spacer if you want to run the 18x9 +40 up front. Probably 5-6mm and maybe more if you have coilovers.

OH ok.. i was under the impression that a lower offset meant a wider lip... hmmm
thanks for you help! ill do more reasearch on these rims.. i emailed the company that sells them but i have yet to hear anything from them.. i might just have to scrap this and get some wheels people have had experience with.

SO will 40 offset fit on the front and back? on bigwheels.com it says that the 18x9 come with a 86mm lip or something like that.. so i assume with either the 21 offset and 40 offset the lip is the same size?? offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the mounting surface right? so how do they maintain a wide lip with different offsets? my whole view on wheels seems to be flipped? lol
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

OH ok.. i was under the impression that a lower offset meant a wider lip... hmmm
thanks for you help! ill do more reasearch on these rims.. i emailed the company that sells them but i have yet to hear anything from them.. i might just have to scrap this and get some wheels people have had experience with.

SO will 40 offset fit on the front and back? on bigwheels.com it says that the 18x9 come with a 86mm lip or something like that.. so i assume with either the 21 offset and 40 offset the lip is the same size?? offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the mounting surface right? so how do they maintain a wide lip with different offsets? my whole view on wheels seems to be flipped? lol
Maybe I was unclear. Generally speaking, a lower offset does mean a wider lip.

It's just that many companies, like Volk, Advan, Prodrive, and Weds, have different face options that can have a big impact on the lip.

Like I said before, 18x9 +40 should work ok in back, but it will be very close to the rear suspension. A small (3-5mm) spacer may be necessary. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you will need a spacer if you want to run the 18x9 +40 up front. Probably 5-6mm and maybe more if you have coilovers. I always recommend extended studs if you must run a spacer.

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions