Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Debating on TIRES!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:35 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
Pretty much all daily driving with some weekend runs on the empty back roads. I drive like a granny for the most part but sometime I like to run her hard through 1-4 cause I can't resist
...virtually any tire will do, really.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
Pretty much all daily driving with some weekend runs on the empty back roads. I drive like a granny for the most part but sometime I like to run her hard through 1-4 cause I can't resist
I was thinking about the V12, but since 3 reviews (evo owners) in tirerack didn't give it a good rating, while BFG g-force is having a slightly better rating and just slightly more $, I'm kinda leaning toward the BFG g-force... I just hope that won't last me 25k again for my driving... if there is no complaint, I probably will order it soon.... any more comment on that one??? I probably always going in turns too fast, wearing the tires faster. because I'm a last minute person so always in a hurry.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:21 AM

always had goodluck with Nittos also Yoko's
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:41 PM

I had the Hankook ventus v12's installed on my car around June of 2009 at 40k miles. They replaced a set of azenis rt615. Going from the azenis, I noticed equal amounts of grip, very little difference in sidewall flex (both tires stock stize) with the v12's being slightly softer, and VASTLY improved wet traction. The wet traction is just phenominal, I NEVER had the car hydro plane with the Hankooks installed.

The Hankooks were removed December of 2010, and replaced with Sumitomo htr a/s p01's (very good all season for anyone interested) for the winter. My car had 69k when the Hankooks were removed, and I intend to install them again this summer, expecting them to last another 10k or so.

I daily drive my car, it has been to the blue ridge, many different enthusiast roads all over this part of the world, and has seen one auto-x all with the Hankooks installed. They have never feathered, chunked, or gotten greasy. They lose grip progressively, but they do not exhibit a lot of tire squeal. Very comforting tire.

Over all in my opinion the best tire money for the price, and for that matter better than many other tires in the next price tier. The Hankooks vastly exceeded my expectations, and when my current set is done, I will replace them with another.

Over all in my opinion the best tire money for the price, and for that matter better than many other tires in the next price tier. The Hankooks vastly exceeded my expectations, and when my current set is done, I will replace them with another.

Last edited by paintballer419; Mar 27, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by paintballer419
I had the Hankook ventus v12's installed on my car around June of 2009 at 40k miles. They replaced a set of azenis rt615. Going from the azenis, I noticed equal amounts of grip, very little difference in sidewall flex (both tires stock size) with the v12's b......
Will the summer tires work for other seasons? at least I don't drive in snow. if it's not, will all-season tires grip as good as summer tires? plz some advice if you know. I need to get them ASAP. thx
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tango|EVOLUTION
Will the summer tires work for other seasons? at least I don't drive in snow. if it's not, will all-season tires grip as good as summer tires? plz some advice if you know. I need to get them ASAP. thx
FWIW, I run my V12 at 20-95F outside temps.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
FWIW, I run my V12 at 20-95F outside temps.
so it's probably good for cold roads too if you say 20 was the minimum?
I just looked at http://www.discounttiredirect.com seems like they have better pricing on the Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 UTQG seems pretty good at 420AA. I think I'm getting that one and it's all season tires so I think it's fine. the V12 has 280AA so I think I will skip that because according to my driving style... i've put only 25k on the Falken Ziex ZE-912 360AA tires so I don't think V12 would last me more than 20k miles.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tango|EVOLUTION
so it's probably good for cold roads too if you say 20 was the minimum?
Heh, good is a relative term. I wouldn't test the limits of their adhesion at temps below ~50F, but they do fine as a DD tire in freezing temps (no ice and/or snow).
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:08 PM

Update to anyone who is interested in the Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105

$107 each. Total is $428 + $40 mail-in rebate which is $388 final price free ship no tax.

Rebate form click here

I just ordered them. I'm glad I waited, now I save $40 unexpectedly. Hope it helps.