Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Continental WINTER Contact Tires

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2003, 08:22 PM
choad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continental WINTER Contact Tires

Any feedback on these from anyone??

Tread is pretty aggressive and directional for a snow..
I noticed Neal from the Tire Rack has talked up the Extreme Contact...

What does anyone know about the Continental Winter Contact??
Old Dec 9, 2003, 09:51 PM

I was checking them out today on the Tire Racks site. Looks like about $111.00 each! Anyone have any thoughts on them? Neal??????
Old Dec 10, 2003, 06:09 AM
choad

I was checking them out today on the Tire Racks site. Looks like about $111.00 each!
I didn't see them on there..
Do they have them??

Hey Neal!! HELP!!!
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There's a thread just about this... right below this one!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=39281
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Link to TireRack's page...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ExtremeContact

(need to look harder... )
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

235/45WR17
Blackwall Price: $111
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

he needed feedback on Continental WINTER Contact Tires, NOT ContiExtremeContact. the WINTER Contact is winter/snow only while the ContiExtremeContact is all season. There is a difference. I can't find anyone who sells this tire tho.....
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Conti's Fireball has mentioned.... They are just Great , we have about 8 inches here, and I have no problems at all stop and go is great. I found an open parking lot last night turned the wheel a little bit, hit the gas and did 4 complete donuts with such ease!!!!!!! I looked for the deepest snow, stopped in it, hit the gas and powered out of it .

Snow driving with the evo sounds just like the wrc game on x box! get all the wheels spinning and hearing the turbo,,, it is just soooo fun.!

Get these tires and you will see what I mean. Now just if I didnt have to push snow behind a snow blower for 5 hours everytime it snows I would wish for a snow day more than a sunny warm day!!!!!!!

It is really that much fun.

Go Go winter Evo!!!!!!

Also it is sooooo cool to be at a stop light with other cars,, Hit the gas and drift away going 20 mph while everyone esle is just spinning. I have also had 5/ 4 wheel drive trucks , jeeps before and this evo is just as fun if not funner than any of these in the white stuff!!!!
Old Dec 10, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Mine are the all season BTW.... 8 inches of snow and they are just fine, any more snow and you intercooler, and front bumper will be screwed!!!!!!! So there you have it.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 09:00 AM
choad

he needed feedback on Continental WINTER Contact Tires, NOT ContiExtremeContact. the WINTER Contact is winter/snow only while the ContiExtremeContact is all season. There is a difference. I can't find anyone who sells this tire tho.....
Thanks!!
Old Dec 10, 2003, 10:02 AM
choad

Yokohama Rubber and Continental Have Signed Agreement

Press release as rtf-file (116 KB)

Tokyo/Hanover, February 19, 2002. The Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd., Tokyo, and Continental AG, Hanover, have signed a formal contract to set up a joint venture company to meet the needs for original equipment tires for Japanese carmakers and a contract to cooperate in expanding Continentals replacement tire sales in Japan. The two companies also signed a contract for exchanging their technology. These contracts were agreed based on a Letter of Intent (LoI) signed in June 2001 for closer collaboration in both companies global tire businesses.

Yokohama Rubber and Continental will establish a 50:50 joint venture with a total paid-up capital of 100 million Yen (0.85 million Euro) by the end of March 2002 in Tokyo. The new company, named Yokohama Continental Tire Co., Ltd., will promote tire businesses by marketing original equipment tires for passenger cars, light trucks and trucks/busses to Japanese carmakers and their overseas transplants as well as to Korean automakers. The Board of Directors of Yokohama Continental Tire will have four members, two each from Yokohama Rubber and Continental. Keigo Ueda, Board Director of Yokohama Rubber and General Manager in charge of original equipment tire sales, will assume the position of the President of the new company. Michael Berger of Continental will become Executive Vice President.

Yokohama Continental Tire will open its own branch offices in Nagoya, Osaka and Hiroshima and liason offices in the United States and Germany. With this arrangement, both Yokohama Rubber and Continental can meet the needs of Japanese automakers that are increasingly manufacturing their cars on a worldwide scale.

In April 2002, Yokohama Rubber will become the exclusive importer/distributor of Continental tires in Japan and start distributing Continental-brand and other main tire brands of Continental for passenger cars as well as tires for industrial vehicles through Yokohamas nationwide sales network for replacement tires. In order to promote the sales of those tires, Continental will dispatch marketing experts to Yokohama Rubber.

Yokohama Rubber and Continental have signed a separate agreement under which the two companies will exchange their technology in order to strongly promote their joint activities described above.

Yokohama Rubber and Continental continue to discuss their closer tie-up in the field of tire production and technology in the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) region as agreed in the Letter of Intent signed in June 2001. The two companies are evaluating concrete cooperation on improvement measures for QCD (Quality Cost and Delivery) including the unification of product specifications, the exchange of production items and the cooperation in product distribution.

Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I was saying you might not need to go Full Winter Tire, if I had been driving in any deeper snow, I /anyone would have messed up thier front end of their Evo.

Just trying to be helpful.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Tire Rack carries a large variety of snow tires for customers to choose from. We try to focus our attention on our primary tire producers when it comes to snow tires. Much like the AVS Winter, if we added the Continental Winter Contact to our line up, there would be way to many choices. Since we dont carry, or have tested the Conti, I really couldn't make a recommendation on it.

**The Conti Extreme is a different tire all together**