Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Need opinions Megan track problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions Megan track problem

I bought a set of Megan tracks off a buddy they are robi spec valved and I got them for a killer price.anyways so one of the front upper camber plates has play up and down at the pillow ball.I have searched and havnt really found anything to answer what needs to be done.do I have to buy new pillow ball and seals and/or new camber plates or is their a Specific way to fix this issue like tightening the 17mm nut I was told he tightened it with no luck of it getting better .i havnt installed them yet just incase I need to swap some parts,and probably not the best idea to run them with play incase it snaps the nut or something off
Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:09 AM

Have the same problem, tried 100 different things to fix it, no luck. I did grease everything up, I really over did it and it seems to help the clunking sound but, I would just save the time and buy new pillow ball assembly.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Ya I will grease it up before I install them I will order pillow ball mounts after I buy my bbs lm rims.not sure what mounts to buy for them though
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um.. " Megan tracks, robi spec valved" Really? I don't think that's at all possible, don't think that guy would touch a set of Megans

As for your pillow problem, just get new camber plates, I suggest NON megan plates they always wear out, and are stupid expensive for what they are.

Still shaking my head about the "Robispec Megans" though..

If you have the money I'd give the guys over at GT WORKS a call they can help you with some nice camber plates.

Last edited by Nasty Evolution; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Yes robi did work on them.shake your head some more.Lol
Love the hate on Evo m
Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
Um.. " Megan tracks, robi spec valved" Really? I don't think that's at all possible, don't think that guy would touch a set of Megans

As for your pillow problem, just get new camber plates, I suggest NON megan plates they always wear out, and are stupid expensive for what they are.

Still shaking my head about the "Robispec Megans" though..

If you have the money I'd give the guys over at GT WORKS a call they can help you with some nice camber plates.
Actually I asked Robi a few months ago as i was skeptical myself.
He recalled messing with it a few years ago.
The original car the megans came off of was a 2006 EVO 9 RS from California.

It is all possible if he knew him or something.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Meh, I call me a hater if you will, I've owned a set of Megan Track's but I still don't believe it at all. Megan won't even repair them, they are said to be "non serviceable" so obtaining parts and means to recharge them seems less likely the more I think about it.
For what it's worth I also own a set of revalved Robispec KW's and yeah I can tell you first hand the man is a no bs, don't waste my time kind of guy. Just find it REALLY hard to believe he would bother with Megans. Just my thoughts.

Besides all that though, like I said GT Works has some nice camber/caster plates. Replacement Megan camber plates are very pricey for what they are, and don't hold up well.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
Meh, I call me a hater if you will, I've owned a set of Megan Track's but I still don't believe it at all. Megan won't even repair them, they are said to be "non serviceable" so obtaining parts and means to recharge them seems less likely the more I think about it.
For what it's worth I also own a set of revalved Robispec KW's and yeah I can tell you first hand the man is a no bs, don't waste my time kind of guy. Just find it REALLY hard to believe he would bother with Megans. Just my thoughts.

Besides all that though, like I said GT Works has some nice camber/caster plates. Replacement Megan camber plates are very pricey for what they are, and don't hold up well.
all good
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like im buying Gt works plates lol I wouldn't buy new Megan ones because of this issue
Thanks man
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by analogEvo
Looks like im buying Gt works plates lol I wouldn't buy new Megan ones because of this issue
Thanks man
Hey any time!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

They Are not listed on the gt works website? Is it a special order