Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

roll center kit...is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
Installed mine this last weekend. Roll center and bumpsteer. The bumpsteer is pretty whatever, I'd only recommend it if you tend to drive on a lot of unsmooth roads, but I very much like the new more linear handling in the front with the roll center kit. It doesn't seem to roll over onto the outside front anywhere near as badly as before. Seems a lot more planted, and I can literally feel my crappy BFG sports gripping the road better under cornering, so I can't wait to get my Star Specs on there and really get to hammering through some corners.

Does the lessened roll reduce understeer too since its on the front? I mainly ordered it to counteract exactly the problem you said it fixed. I felt it lead to understeer but I wanna make sure.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101
Does the lessened roll reduce understeer too since its on the front? I mainly ordered it to counteract exactly the problem you said it fixed. I felt it lead to understeer but I wanna make sure.
Yes. Finally got it aligned today, so I played with it a little on the way home. Definitely worth the time and money if you like to toss it into a corner at the limit frequently like I do. Less roll = more grip = less understeer.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Robi once told me you could blind fold him.... put him in an evo and he could tell you if it had the roll center kit or not. From that alone I'm certain there is a difference .... is it worth it for a street driven car. NO.