Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Autozone Rotors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Anonymouse
So you're telling me these rotors will not properly stop my car or are you telling me to spend more money? Can you convince me with any facts based on your exeriences with these rotors? I'm not trying to argue but just want to know why you would suggest that I spend more money. Genuinely curious as that's why I posted this thread.
Duralast is an Autozone brand that most likely use the centric knockoff rotors. Their duralst gold "might" be centrics but I doubt it. I don't have proof either way, I'm just speculating on that so take that for what it's worth. Are duralast rotors good enough for daily driving? Are duralast pads good enough for daily driving? Sure. I mean, are you seriously needing to stop from 125mph on your daily commute, regularly? I hope you aren't. As with a lot of evo owners, the itch to take if autoxing or hpde's starts to happen and that's why a lot of guys on here recommend a more durable brake pad. Their rotors I'm sure are good enough though. I don't know what pricing your local Autozone has for evo parts, but our Autozone pricing out here for pads aren't worth it since you can get stoptechs for about the same. The only difference is with the Autozone pads you get lifetime warranty... They might have a tendency to squeal though.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are some better options
http://www.discountbrakes.com/shop/i...=0&Ns=price3|0

cheap ones for daily driving and centrics and OEM brembos if you want ones that will last for competitive use.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say its more of how you use your car and the type of budget. I only have 44k miles on my 8 and i just changed my front rotors whcih i only put less than 12k miles on the rotors. Duralast rotors are from China and Ive used them in my previous vehicle which they didnt last long.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
Srr

in the honda world... auto zone rotors with hawk pads or oem pads are pretty good budget setup for autocross or street... u can beat the lifetime warantee.... i wouldnt trust them on an evo tho... :-/
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Srr
in the honda world... auto zone rotors with hawk pads or oem pads are pretty good budget setup for autocross or street... u can beat the lifetime warantee.... i wouldnt trust them on an evo tho... :-/

Why wouldnt you trust the autozone rotors on an evo? For street driving---and what I mean by that is NOT street racing or driving around neighborhoods like its Talladega, they are perfectly fine. Even if they have a greater tendency to warp you get a free warranty to replace them. They should be fine for autox use as well BUT I wouldnt recommend them so much for that due to the increased heat your introducing them.

The autozone pads will brake your evo just fine, but they are a cheap material likely to squeal a lot. The evo duralast pads are $35 so you get what you pay for.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://vr-speed.com/store/brakes-bra...b88287c94e2374

there are some good deals here as well
Old May 3, 2011, 05:33 AM

I experience Autozone rotors warping after a 6 months to a year but if you take them back with a little fuss they replace them for free, I've done this atleast 5 times its seriously became routine maintenance lol.