Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

advice needed for diy rear tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice needed for diy rear tracking

Hi all my evo 6 supposedly had a full alignment done a few months back but ive never really had a good feeling about it like always having to correct the steering and on left corners the rear feels as if it wants to come out ..
So while changing my oil at my bro's garage the other week asked him to have a look he has a slide type tracking gauge and he checked the rear and it seems i have 6 mm total toe in on the rear and after taking various measurements (crudely i might add with tape measure and pointers) it seems one side is parallel and all the 6 mm toe in is on the o/s .
I adjusted this to 3 mm and the car does feel better (fine on right hand corners but still not right on left handers ..

I have decided to have a go at this myself using strings but unsure how to get it all back on the vehicle centerline ,, is the way to go get steering wheel pointing dead straight using evo scan and take all measurements from there ?
any advice appreciated thanks
Old Jun 3, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I self-aligned my car for about 1.5 years - and tracked it. Was it optimal; probably not but it worked well.

Here's a good how-to vid that I used to help get started:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eck-video.html