Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

after market sway bar and aggressive rims

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after market sway bar and aggressive rims

I was thinking on going hella flush with my car 18x10 offset 0 and 18x10 offset 25 rear. I was thinking if the sway bar will do nothing since im going towards this direction. I ordered a set of cusco front and rear sway just wondering if i should install it because it doesn't do anything because since im going to make my rear camber -2 and front -4 or i should sell it.

suggestions?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes. Sell the car.

Hella flush can go **** itself. What you are thinking is that you'd rather look cool over having a car that can handle.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Smike
Yes. Sell the car.

Hella flush can go **** itself. What you are thinking is that you'd rather look cool over having a car that can handle.
Agreed hellaflush can go on prius's
Old Jul 22, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sway bars are used to increase the stability of the car and help neutralize the handling...unless of course you drive a certain way and you want to use the sway bar to help get the car to snap around or something

in your case, you want to go hella flush. you don't have any intentions of using the car for handling. i think you should sell the sway bars since they wont do much for a show car. the rear will be seen but the front wont. lol. handling wise, it probably won't make much of a difference for you since you wouldnt want to corner hard and fk up your fenders

good luck
Old Jul 22, 2011, 05:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still don't understand why people who aren't into fitment are so brutal...

But! To answer your question, it depends on exactly how aggressive your stance is going to be. If you plan on pushing the car at all in terms of handling, then keep the Cusco sways. If it's going to be strictly for cruising, then get rid of the Cusco sway bars.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
I was thinking on going hella flush with my car 18x10 offset 0 and 18x10 offset 25 rear. I was thinking if the sway bar will do nothing since im going towards this direction. I ordered a set of cusco front and rear sway just wondering if i should install it because it doesn't do anything because since im going to make my rear camber -2 and front -4 or i should sell it.

suggestions?
im going to send you a pm about a better place to ask these kind of question's.

but, to answer this one.....yes sway bars will help you if you run a really stiff coil over so you can go max low with that offset, ie you will balance the load across the car so there is less chance for the rim to hit the fender and mess it up(crucial when going in and out of a drive way at an angle) just about everyone here will hate you on fitment, so keep questions here performance related
Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

Wow - haters gonna hate..

thanks for the input, but i'm just deciding not firm I've been tracking and doing **** to the car, but i want to try something new..doesn't hurt..If i want a good handling car I rather get something else, that being said its preference. Like it or leave

on the other hand, I am not going hella flush but rather get TE37 instead, I just want my car to look flush thats it
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:11 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
..If i want a good handling car I rather get something else, that being said its preference.
It's not preference; it's math and physics. Seeing how this is a technical forum meant to improve/optimize of of the best cornering cars in existence, it's not hard to understand why such a discussion does not fall under its umbrella. Good luck.

Last edited by FJF; Jul 25, 2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: format
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better off asking in show and shine. You'll still get the **** flamed outta you but you'll probably get the answer your looking for. It's not hate. People in this forum can't stand to see a good Evo go to waste. Hela flush is a fad and when it's over there will be a lot of wide as he'll wheels up for sale.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

I know a few guys that decided to go "Hella Flush" and regretted it. Trying to sell those expensive redonkculous offset wheels to pay for track builds now..
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input! thats why we have forums so before I actually go to my regretful route i am deciding to get back on the track! thanks all
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:57 PM

vid

I personally don't like the hellaflush scene.

http://youtu.be/S-BGIcRBPHM
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

18x10? I got 18x9.5 +22 te 37. And they barely fit with 245 tires and rolled fenders. Unless you plan on pulling your fenders or getting a wide body kit it's going to be useless. I got coil overs sway bars and camber plates and they still manage to rub if I take a corner to hard so for track days I use oem wheels to prevent it.