Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

who's running CL RC5+?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long did you have the reds on the car for? I have a buddy with an Acura TL-S and he recently had a set of reds installed. Squeaked a lot until they were fully broken in after 1000 miles. I haven't heard him complain about them lately.

Personally I currently run PF Z compounds as my street pad, and they've been pretty good so far. Some dusting, but not extreme (my white wheels don't turn gray/black right away) and they are quiet unless I get a decent amount of heat into them, then they squeak slightly.

l8r)
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:04 AM

as my bf(lude) said already I have the project mu's on my car and I HATE them just dont see a point in replacing them if they do their job, they do stop when I need them to they just squeal crazy when I am coming to a stop slowly
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
bump -

i actually thought the ds2500s were not very good in terms of cold bite, and was looking into rc5+'s - everything i've heard before this was that they are very quiet, low dust, and excellent cold bite, perfect for autocross and even daily driving..

was it all just propaganda? in terms of autox i've been pretty disappointed with with the ds2500s, i thought a street/track pad would = an autox pad, but i think i was mistaken. some of the other cars i've driven in come to a halt with a touch of the brake (not just light cars) but my car seems to take forever - set up is stock + stainless steel lines and ds2500s
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
ok, seems like i maybe choosing between:

ds2500's = great performers in my experince, quiet, great when cold, but dusty

or......thinking about

ebc yellows = ?? I hope the performance leap is substantial from red to yellow. my ebc reds were low dusting , they made more noise than the ds2500's & they missed the mark in performance

as acree pointed out, the dreaded EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with light pedal loads when aproaching a stop sign or light just ruins it for me.....

Im not going to aproach a signal or stop sign as if i am pulling into my pit box for 3.2 second pit stop / tire change! So i am looking for something quieter regardless of pedal pressure....
Im running the ebc yellows. No noise. Good initial bite. Note as per Smike's thread, the EBC blues may be better suited to the heavier EVO.

Having said that, Im really like the yellows. Had them since April 2011. Good release under heavy braking and no real fade. No track time on them all street and back road divebombing.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
Im running the ebc yellows. No noise. Good initial bite. Note as per Smike's thread, the EBC blues may be better suited to the heavier EVO.

Having said that, Im really like the yellows. Had them since April 2011. Good release under heavy braking and no real fade. No track time on them all street and back road divebombing.
Hows the wear on the rotors?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:02 PM

I ran the RC5 throughout this year. Absolutely loved them. Bit expensive, but the braking feels awesome from cold daily driving to very hot track sessions. always predictable, no fade. Dusts a lot but pretty easy to clean. Didnt start making noise for me till it was down the the last 1/3 of the pad. but the did seem to last forever. 3 trackdays, couple autox, and about 15k of spirited DD. I would definitely recommend them for a mixed use pad. as long as your ok with dust.