Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

XXR 527's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
personally I'm okay with my rays g games that came with my evo
Old Sep 4, 2014, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will agree as most do that the XXR's look great. I've been really close to hitting "buy now" on my Shopping Cart a few times on these, but too many people are persuading me against it based on their build quality. So just make sure you do your research too. As a previous user said, these wheels don't bend when you hit a pothole, they crack. And its due to the cheaper build quality. This is not first hand experience just taking other user's advise.

Example: http://s161.photobucket.com/user/vip..._6971.jpg.html

I am instead going to spend $220/wheel for Enkei instead of $140/wheel for XXR.

BUT - if you really want to get the XXR's check out Tirecrazy.com. They offer an instant $20-off rebate and knock off the $50+ shipping charge. You get your XXRs for under $550.

http://tirecrazy.com/wheels/xxr/
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lytec
I will agree as most do that the XXR's look great. I've been really close to hitting "buy now" on my Shopping Cart a few times on these, but too many people are persuading me against it based on their build quality. So just make sure you do your research too. As a previous user said, these wheels don't bend when you hit a pothole, they crack. And its due to the cheaper build quality. This is not first hand experience just taking other user's advise.

BUT - if you really want to get the XXR's check out Tirecrazy.com. They offer an instant $20-off rebate and knock off the $50+ shipping charge. You get your XXRs for under $550.

I agree brother. It makes more sense to spend about double and get a far superior wheel that is much stronger and weighs far less. I was in the same situation and had a few sets in my cart on nlmotoring and fam very glad I never purchased.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

build quality. these things are certified with the japan equivalent of DOT. they are actually relatively light. they are just as good as any other expensive no forged type of wheel its bogus to say it is a bad wheel based on random opinions. wheels will get damaged due to many number of reasons and the internet is full of all kinds of pictures. there are links to some story about every brand of wheel that was broken at some point. you have to know what the situations were in each case. unless you are planing to attend the daytona 500, you dont have to worry about these wheels failing on you.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:33 PM

clean
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by artinist
build quality. these things are certified with the japan equivalent of DOT. they are actually relatively light. they are just as good as any other expensive no forged type of wheel its bogus to say it is a bad wheel based on random opinions. wheels will get damaged due to many number of reasons and the internet is full of all kinds of pictures. there are links to some story about every brand of wheel that was broken at some point. you have to know what the situations were in each case. unless you are planing to attend the daytona 500, you dont have to worry about these wheels failing on you.
Very true bro!!!!
People tends to make a big deal out of a couple people driving recklessly with their wheels and crack them.
Seriously, people will blame anything and anybody about wht they did wrong.
There is over a handsfull of people owned these xxr wheels, but you dont see that there is much complaint.
I say if u a rich kid with rich parents or a great job making alot of money then go buy yourself a $3000-$4000 wheels. Its your car, do what u want.
But if you are using $500-$600 for your wheels, then i dont really cares if they bent or crack. I would just get myself another one. Lmao

Anyone with more pics of 18x9.5????
Old Oct 8, 2014, 04:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by Lytec

you can't expect a wheel to survive a car accident where the wheel appear to have taken a direct hit. If that failure had occurred bouncing over rumble strip at the track, it would be different. But that car was clearly involved in an accident...
Old Oct 13, 2014, 06:33 AM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
There is a couple i am friends with and work with who both have had xxrs on their evo8s for a few years with zero problems of cracks, bends, etc. &they daily drive them.