Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

What should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought a set of the hankook v12's, and had a bad radial pull on one of them. discount tire direct sent me a replacement no questions asked. The replacement tire had an even worse pull! DTD let me return the set of hankooks, and get a set of the michelin pilot super sports instead, only paying the difference in tire cost.

They are awesome tires. Just as quiet as the hankooks, but much better grip. Also, the car felt so sloppy, especially while cornering with the hankooks. That feeling is gone with the super sports.

btw, the customer service with discount tire direct was amazing. They even reimbursed mounting and balancing costs. I never paid a shipping cost, including on the returns.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dfagod
i bought a set of the hankook v12's, and had a bad radial pull on one of them. discount tire direct sent me a replacement no questions asked. The replacement tire had an even worse pull! DTD let me return the set of hankooks, and get a set of the michelin pilot super sports instead, only paying the difference in tire cost.

They are awesome tires. Just as quiet as the hankooks, but much better grip. Also, the car felt so sloppy, especially while cornering with the hankooks. That feeling is gone with the super sports.

btw, the customer service with discount tire direct was amazing. They even reimbursed mounting and balancing costs. I never paid a shipping cost, including on the returns.
Nice! I have never heard of them so I will look into it for sure, thanks a ton.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I bought a pair of tires from Discount Tire (not for my Evo) and I got two tracking numbers. One tire arrived right away. Waiting for the other tire I would check the tracking number each day and the tire would be somewhere else. I think that tire visited nearly every state in the union. I began to wonder if it was mounted on the truck. Finally, about two weeks later, it arrived.