Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Neal: BBS RG-F...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2004, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal: BBS RG-F...

This wheel looks very nice, but again, no availability for the Evo It says only 16" diameter available now...any idea when 17 and 18's will come out? Very light too, a little over a pound for every inch of diameter...perfect.

Why don't you get in line for a promotion and start offering BBS fitments for Evo's?
Old Jan 14, 2004, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That particular wheel is very very new to the market. The thing that people forget is wheel manufactures have THOUSANDS of cars they have to consider when making a wheel. Companies like BBS will probably focus on the higher end exotic and sport oriented cars first. There is a lot of research that goes into deciding what cars they will make that wheel for. They wont dump a lot of money manufacturing a wheel for a vehicle if it wont sell. Things take time. Really can't expect every new wheel that comes out to fit the EVO right off the bat. I wish there were more wheels available for my G-35 6-spd too, but there isn't.

Last edited by Neal@tirerack; Jan 14, 2004 at 06:21 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply Neil...everything you said makes perfect sense. More than anything I just wish tirerack offered more for the Evo.

Any specifics you could say about the RG-F? Weight? etc.

Also, any details about that red center cap? I don't know if I like it or not...is it removeable?

I'd post a pic...but sadly, I don't know how

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They are only producing them in 15 and 16" right now. The 16's are 12.5 pounds!! The red caps are the only one being produced right now, but other colors might be available once more sizes are produced.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I had to get my BBS RS-GTs from BBS Japan - the only place with the right PCD and offset...
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by Chris in HB
I had to get my BBS RS-GTs from BBS Japan - the only place with the right PCD and offset...
got any photos of your evo with those wheels....i want those wheels real bad for me evo but because of the reasons above ill just wait and remain patient for another wheel that catches my eye...that is unless you know a way to get them from bbs japan
Old Jan 15, 2004, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

PM me for details, but be prepared to wait for the slow boat to arrive unless you want to pay big $$$ for air freight.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

RS-GT's would be sweet too...but the price, ouch. RG-F's aren't much better...and of course they don't have prices for 17 or 18" yet.

I do love the look of the screws necessary for the 2-piece on the GT's...but the RG-F has a tighter mesh design that is kinda old-school which is cool in it's own right.

I don't know which way to go...price might dictate, and I'm not in a hurry either.

I'd love to see a pic of your RS-GT's on as well...
Old Jan 15, 2004, 06:37 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Volk SF-Winning is very similar to the RS-GT.

We get our BBSs from BBS Japan but they are ...pricey.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...