Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Sway Bar / Link Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway Bar / Link Bushings?

Hey guys, nice to finally sign up for the forum, I have been lurking the past week or so gathering information here and there and am trying to build on my knowledge guess you could call me a noobie =D

Anyways Ive got a question about what I think are called my "Rear sway bar link bushings"? not sure if that's right? as well as my front sway bar bushings?

The main deal is I've had some play in the steering of my 02 Lancer OZ which had a rough early life driving in cold climates on salty roads but it eventually made its way into my hands in the hot dry climates of CA and as far as I know the bushings have not been replaced once.

My friend told me to check bushings related to my suspension so I got under the car and took these, he does not know the exact names for these bushings so I am hoping you guys can spread some knowledge on me =D
Attached Thumbnails Sway Bar / Link Bushings?-rear-left-sway-bar-link-bushing.jpg   Sway Bar / Link Bushings?-rear-right-sway-bar-link-bushing.jpg   Sway Bar / Link Bushings?-front-sway-bar-bushing.jpg   Sway Bar / Link Bushings?-front-sway-bar-bushing-2.jpg  
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:35 PM

Okay after a little research I guess I am looking for Rear and Front end link bushings searching around google has got me running in circles I know some people have used the universal energy suspension end links I just don't know which ones specifically can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Okay I found the end links I needed does anyone have any gripes with the brands Deeza or Mevotech? I can get all 4 end links on rock auto for 50$ shipped.

Last edited by TunneLVisioN42; Jan 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Play in steering will not be corrected by replacing sway bar links and bushings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:06 PM

I guess I'll figure out that issue when I get to it I know i need an alignment so hopefully that will make a difference regardless though some of my bushings were rotting away and smashed so it needed to be done although thanks for your reply.

On a side note I got a front motor mount and all 4 end links at Rockauto for 63 dollars shipped! that's CRAZY! Autozone wanted 65 dollars for just the mount anyways my questions been answered so a mod can close the thread if they wish to.